New Member Area New to Acura Forum? Stop in tell us about you...

Im helpful =)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 03:48 AM

Hey guys,

Im an evil mechani, and my brother is an EVIL parts wholesaler RAWR!!!

lol, well im not bad in forums, im here to learn and help, im kinda a lurker, I wont lie, but here is how I can help out =).

In that RARE case that anyone needs to take their car to a shop I can let you know if the guys is shafting you for work and if you guys need parts my brother can hook you up im sure if you just mention that your in same forums as me =) (Paulie) his name is peter...

Youd be amazed at how bad even pep boys, let alone DEALERs shaft you for "OEM" parts. If you have any questions for car work details let me know I can tell you if your being taken advantage of, and if you guys need parts email my brother...

peter@bmaparts.com think of him as a very cheap pep boys or autozone, youll throw up after you see how much you buy clutch kits for at autzone to how cheap you can get them with a wholesale account lol

Old 08-17-2007, 06:48 PM
Administrator :

But all members, remember this AutoZone is for real (4,000) stores with liftime warrantys backed by their 5 BILLION Dollar Company..

Something to always remember in the back of your mind, not putting down these guys who are advertising for free but telling you to look at the companies you deal with on this internet..

WheelBrokerAng [img]smileys/smiley14.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2007, 07:10 PM

hey, by all means pepboys is GREAT store, if you like paying for bosch o2 sensors at retail for 300 dollars when you can get it from a family run vendor with people who know what theya re doing and arent getting paid 9 dollars an hour part time in highschool...

Im only offering the name as a source to help is all, check the website if you like, or take my words with a grain of salt.

The last thing im sure he needs is free marketing, this was really a sincere attempt to be helpful...

And all the OEM parts are easier to to get wholesale, you said it yourself,
5 Billion dolar company, 20 dollar Fuel filters WTF? lol

Old 08-30-2007, 10:07 PM

Here's one for you. I have a 90' integra sedan a/t that is supposed to be installed into my car. They want to charge me $800.00 to install it. Am I getting jipped or is this reasonable? The shop is Honda certified. New to tranny's for Honda's.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:08 PM

800 for the install? labor alone 800 is high to me. i think
the job can be done in under 8 hours (book time) but if your buying a
warrenty or some parts like ATF-Z1 fluid and maybe a new rear main
seal, axle seals,tranny mount, remote filter, and a nice engine bay
detail then 800 isnt so bad.

my shop charges 68 bucks per hour book time.

i have installed so many of those A/T transmissions that i can remove
and install in under 3 hours. now if it includes the price of the
tranny then OMG jump all over it. and dont forget the labor
coverage on the transmission warantee...not just parts.