New Member Area New to Acura Forum? Stop in tell us about you...

1991 Acura NSX won't start

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Angry 1991 Acura NSX won't start

Hi ,
I am new here.I recently bought a 1991 Acura NSX.The car is in great to perfect condition and ran absolutely great until today.
I sent it to my upholsterer to get my seats and steering wheel redone.The guy calls me today to tell me that the car is done but that there was a problem...The car would not start.I asked him what had happenned and he said that everything was fine until he took the steering wheel off the car to redo it.He says that he kinda turned the srs reel around a bit to reinstall the wheel and eversince then,the horn, and the seats don't work,allthough the dash lights up when you turn the key,the engine won't even turn over.Could the problem be that he did not properly realign the SRS cable reel?head lights and windows work.dash lights up ....seats are connected but do not work anymore .Tried to push start it (incase problem was with the battery...Nothing...Please somebody help me with this nightmare.Thanks in advance.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:26 PM

it sounds like he might have messed up the the factory alarm system. make sure everything is plugged up right with the driver seat and under it.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:34 AM

I apreciate your input.I'll try that today.Thanks

Old 04-24-2009, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Black Knight 1
I apreciate your input.I'll try that today.Thanks
no problem ill see what my nsx friends ahve to offer.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:05 PM

My NSX guy said:Have him check the fuses at the main fuse box in the engine compartment. Might be a fuse (maybe #20, but check the others as well).

Old 05-10-2009, 10:05 PM

that sucks that he ruined your srs reel. inside that reel is a coil of super thin and disapointingly fragile flat ribbon. I have ruined several of these myself and it sucks. For me all I have to do is go to the pick and pull and OHM out a used one for 10 bucks. Problem is there are no NSX's at the pick and pull. That dude owes you a new one. The unit is 90 bucks from honda for a 99 civic. god only knows what acura wants for a nsx one. I've never had a busted one blow a fuse but I guess I was lucky. Replace the srs cable reel before the fuse so you don't get an air bag in the face. the horn not working is a dead give away that the reel it toast. sorry again that SUCKS. To install the reel properly, figure out how many total revolutions your wheel makes half of that is wheels straight. now straighten your wheels. by hand gently rotate the SRS wheel clockwise until you feel a slight resistance. now back it off half of the total revolutions plus and aditional half turn. remove the steering wheel, MARK IT'S POSITION FIRST! now that the wheels are centered and the srs clockspring(It's called a clockspring) are centered pull the bad one and install the new one. put everything back together and go do some doughnuts!

Old 05-27-2009, 04:45 AM
Default 1991 Acura NSX wont start

check your battery cable and connections to make sure theres no acid build up as 85gslprado said, then make sure the battery clamps are not wiggling around, also maybe replace the clamps themselves, start from the beggining