New Member Area New to Acura Forum? Stop in tell us about you...

’94 Legend

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 12:30 PM

Hello. I've had a 4 door
Legend for maybe 6 months. Over 170k on it, but I've spent a couple gs on the engine so far. Runs fine, and I bought new tires is all.

The interior is in good shape, with minor cracked leather. The windshield sprayer and antenna motor don't work. Everything else does. The paint is shot, with a couple rust spots by the rear wheels .One's about 2X6 inches and the other's just starting. I ran it from New Orleans to RI averaging 75 with no probs. The engine temp never reached halfway. Oh,the Bose sounds decent after the car sits in the sun awhile. I've never seen that before.

I plan to pimp it just enough to run and look nice until I can get maybe an '05 RL. Home prices in RI killed that notion for awhile. I don't see many RLs around, so they aren't played out. I couldnt get a good offer yet for my home in N.O, so sold my 02 Trans Am for a down payment.

Needs:
battery
tune up
Radiator flush
Tranny check-up
alignment
paint
GPS with sat/Mp3 sound
shocks
brakes
chrome muffler
tires
seat covers/carpet/mats
new headlights/ chrome grill
maybe add fog lamps
fix antenna motor and windshield sprayer
I'd like to buy used rims

That's about it. I'll post before pics when I find a home. heh. I'm on my nephew's crappy gear.

Edited by: Nemesis

Old 07-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Administrator :

Hello New Member..Thank You for joining up with the AFC, were happy to have you with us.

WheelBrokerAng [img]uploads/WheelBrokerAng/Acura2003CL.jpg[/img]

Old 07-30-2007, 05:44 PM

Thanks. Nasty ride,too. I know me. Once I cross that bodykit line, then I'll be looking for a hood, Recaros and supercharger. I dunno. I may keep her.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:24 PM

Welp.I guess that's that. I was coming back from Gillette Stadium and eating out etc, and was involved in a hit n run. I was just approaching my exit, when someone attempted to make it over to the offramp. They clipped my driver's front, bounced across a couple lanes,then hauled ***. Meawhile, I spun around to the passenger side and hit the exit guard rail head on.

At first inspection, I have a lost bumper, punctured radiator, bent hood, and smashed lights.
I'm pretty sure the damage will end up more than the car is worth, so I'll take my insurance check to put down on something and have to pay a damn car note. I'm so disgusted. Hell, it ran a couple miles home. I just wanted to see if she could. The engine seems fine.

I see the dealer around the corner still has a loaded '04 TL that I've checked out a couple weeks ago. It's in great shape. I'm sold on Acura. [img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img]

By the way, my airbags didn't go off. Yall might wanna get yours inspected for cars that old. Edited by: Nemesis

Old 08-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Administrator :

Sorry to see your mishap , happen..hope you get a great car out of the deal...

WheelBrokerAng [img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2007, 07:26 AM

Thanks I've decided to just give her to my bro, and find another Legend. I don't need a car note while looking for a home.

I looked at a loaded I think '02 3.2 CL Type S, but it didn't have enough room in back. My cousins are big ol boys. I see TLs every other car it seems, and the RL didn't really inspire me as I first thought.

No disrespect to those fine car owners, but the Legend seems the most pimpable and best balance of everything to me. I really like the shell of the 94-95. This time, I'll make the new engine a beast. I had my last one running silently and to spec. Edited by: Nemesis

Old 08-25-2007, 05:22 PM
Administrator :

I think that would be a good choice, I do like all the models tho:

WheelBrokerAng[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]