Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Winged Warrior III. HUGE RACE/SHOW! May

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 12:19 PM

Looks like it'll be a lot of fun... I don't have anything worth putting in for competition yet, but I'll see if I can't make it just to check it out.

Old 01-23-2007, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by speedfreak07
Looks like it'll be a lot of fun... I don't have anything worth putting in for competition yet, but I'll see if I can't make it just to check it out.

I bet you DO have something for competition!! Register it!! ANY CAR is eligible, STOCK Yugos, up to LAMBOS! You are NOTcompeting with the lambos, but SIDE BY SIDE, to whoop up on TEAM USA. Jump in![img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2007, 06:41 PM

I will leave you guys alone for a while..........

Old 02-12-2007, 07:49 AM

Just a heads-up on what is going on:

Registration to race has a little over 4 weeks to go, so if you want to join a team and compete in WWIII, you should get in BEFORE registration closes Mid March. Again, you don't have to have a modded car, OR Expierence to enter! You will be in a class with the same type of car you drive now!! Don't be intimidated........seriously. Enter with a friend if you want, and you can duke it out together.

If you want to enter the GENERAL Car/bike/truck show, that PRE-registration will open within the week, and you can even register for that at the gate if you want to, on May 12th.

Anyone interested in becoming a Vendor, you can also contact us about "Early Bird" registration on that also, BIG savings on that as well. Great place to market/sell your products in front of TONS of people-Great exposure for you.

The registrations are coming in all the time, and this event is shaping up to be a doozy! It is going to be LOTS OF FUN! Don't delay on getting in, if you do, you just might kick yourself if you decide to join after it's too late!

TELL A FRIEND/ Pass the word on if you know someone who would like to race/show with us! Thanks.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:09 PM

<DIV>Dear fellow gearheads, I wan't to personally thank you for letting me in your "home" to promote this event. I really appreciate that. There are only 2 weeks left to register for the race. Please keep that in mind, for those of you still on the fence.

Some of you on here have registered already. Check the site on April 2nd, to see the photo lineups of the teams. (On the Winged Warrior site)

You guys can register to enter the carshow, on the website, or at the gate.

I will back out of here now, and tend to the tasks at hand- gearing up for the event. If you have any more questions or comments, you will find me over on the www.wingedwarrior.net site, same screenname. You can also email me personally at gbutter@webworks2000.net We hope to see you out there, either racing/showing, or just being there for the kids.

Again,Thanks for looking in!!

Kevin Butterfield</DIV>

Old 03-10-2007, 07:35 AM

Pre-Registration for the GENERAL CARSHOW IS NOW OPEN! For those wanting to do just the General Car/Bike/Truck show, you can do it NOW up to May 12th. Discount for early signup. LOTS OF TROPHIES/PRIZES!

Old 03-18-2007, 11:03 PM

To those interested: Carshow is $15 in advance and $20 at the door. There are TONS of trophies/prizes/goodies to be handed out to you guys doing the carshow!
Those just wanting to come out and watch, $10 at the gate, kids under 10 FREE. See you May 12th, gates open at 9AM, RACING starts at 10AM. Carshow and Racing Itinerary up soon

Old 03-28-2007, 10:48 PM

<DIV>Field is set!! The drag cars are there also (you can still get in that part), and TUNER SHOP cars are NOT LISTED YET! Enjoy: pm me on www.wingedwarrior.net site if you want in on the drags!

http://www.wingedwarrior.net/regist...d&amp;order_dir=asc</DIV>

Old 04-12-2007, 01:35 PM

I apologize for not posting much here, am getting quite busy. You guys know where to get ahold of me if you need me. (WW site).

Winged Warrior III Race/Show Itinerary:

RACE ITINERARY:

FRIDAY MAY 11th:

We will be having our "WW Tech", and the autox tech on Friday May 11th. We will be doing this at O'Reilly Raceway Park, and sharing the track with ORP's scheduled "Midnight Madness" event. There will be LOTS of people, and lots of cars dragracing. We will have our own "Winged Warrior" area to conduct tech, and it will be a great time to meet and greet your team mates. Since alot of you are coming from out of town, you just lineup when you get there. 6PM-???? Since it is Midnight madness night, my guess is, they are open till at least midnight. Once your car is teched, and stickered, you are free to go. For those wanting to stay, and race, the track will charge you $15 to do that. You can let us know in advance if you want to race Friday, so we can hold back a ticket for you to do that. The track will have food and drink there for you to purchase, if you need it.
You will also get your car numbering on Friday night, along with your "T" shirt to wear on raceday. Further instructions will be given at this time also. The gate of entry, is the North gate. We will give the racers instructions on what to do, so we can pull you out of the line, and get you to tech. More on that soon.
Those who CANNOT tech on Friday Night, MUST be at the track Saturday at 7AM SHARP to tech.

SATURDAY MAY 12th:

Those NOT teched Friday, must be at the track at 7AM SHARP for tech
Vendors setup at 7-8AM
Volunteers arrive at 8AM
Drivers arrive at 7:00AM for tech (Drag tech for 1st group)
Course walk at 8:00-9:30
Drivers meeting 9:30
Flag drops at 10AM.
Trophy presentation 6PM.
You will have approx. 2 hours per event: (Drag/autox/carshow). The "Carshow" is different then the GENERAL CARSHOW, as this is actually your "Break" time. Your time to walk around, rest, eat, drink, watch the other racers, or check out the GENERAL CARSHOW.
The events will be scored 40% drag/40% autox/20% carshow. You will have 5 passes down the dragstrip, and 3 passes on the large autox course. You can (at your discretion) waive the remainder of the runs, after you get ONE run in the books for a team score.
The track will be VHT prepped for each group. Faster cars can get first dibs on the "glue", whereas, the AWD cars might want to go last in your group if you don't want the VHT (Glue).
Entry for Racers and Volunteers is the south Gate, and Carshow and General public enter thru the western gates, see photo.

GENERAL CARSHOW ONLY ITINERARY:

Winged Warrior III Speed Challenge and CARSHOW. Here is the "General Carshow" info!
Where? O’Reilly Raceway Park – Indianapolis, Indiana
When? Saturday, May 12 – 9am-4pm
1st, 2nd, 3rd place trophies given in 20 classes including: Sport compact foreign &amp; domestic, mini truck foreign &amp; domestic, car classes, truck classes, muscle car, sports car, classic car, luxury car, lowrider car &amp; truck, 4x4 truck, SUV classes and more!
Also given away: Best of Show, Best Domestic Car, Best Foreign Car, Best Truck, Best Engine, Best Paint, Best Interior, Best Unfinished and Club participation.
Schedule of Events – Car show registration 9am-1pm, Drive-thru judging 10am-2pm, Awards 3pm
Pre-registration is now, till May 5th. Paypal account is gbutter@webworks2000.net

Old 04-26-2007, 11:07 PM

You guys/gals want us to "save" you a spot inside the fence? For those coming out for the General Carshow portion? Let me know. Will try to keep you all together if you want.

Quick Reply: Winged Warrior III. HUGE RACE/SHOW! May