Legend This long running platform offered buyers both a coupe and sedan with a combination of luxury and performance...

Own a 1rstG Legend? Live in FLA?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 11:33 AM

In a nutshell, I have owned my Legend for about three weeks now. Bought it from the original owner (an elderly gentleman originally from Boston); I have owner's manual and all receipts (44 of them) from
1987 to 2005.

Legend L
Auto/sedan
148,000 miles

New leather interior
New ac compressor
new windshield
All of these items were installed by an Acura dealership.

99% of the repairs and routine maintenance were done by an Acura dealership, mostly in south Florida (West Palm Beach).

This is the first imported vehicle I have ever owned in life.

To those of you who have so graciously responded to numerous queries I have made on this forum while I have been familiarizing myself with the car
and doing routine maintenance, I am extremely grateful.

Now, I want to take the next step. Because I have no metric tools and a very low threshold of frustration with respect to automobile repairs, I have placed posts on the local craiglist forum hiring individuals with self-proclaimed knowledge with these cars to do most of the maintenance.

Well, it just hasn't worked out. None of the three individuals that have recently worked on it really had first -hand knowledge and the guy that wanted to take a crowbar to my PCV valve cover..well, it didn't work out.

So, does anyone owning a firstG Legend reading this post live in North Florida
(proximate to Tallahassee)?

If so, I would like to discuss hiring you to do some of the work on my Acura and pick your brain regarding any issues I may be having with the car.

If you live east of me (towards Jacksonville) that would be ideal since I will be driving the car (once it is road ready) frequently to places like, JAX, Daytona Beach, etc.
If you are west of me (i.e., Pensacola), I have some things I could take care of in that direction as well.

South of me, depends how far.

Any way, in conclusion, you can email me directly at albertus_77@hotmail.com or simply reply to this post.

Thanks

Fred
fred clark is offlineReply With Quote