Legend This long running platform offered buyers both a coupe and sedan with a combination of luxury and performance...

need help with legend asap plz

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 10:01 AM

so i bought a 94 gs type 2 bout 4 months ago,everything was fine untill 1000 miles into it started to overheat, problem is the temp gauge will go to 3/4 of the way '' sometimes all the way'' and then i can hear the coolant rushin in to the cabin,theres no leaks,checked the heater core,radiator,hoses etc... so after i hear the coolant rushin to the cabin the temp gauge will go to normal and car drives fine, no overheating anytime after that,coolin fan works fine, now heres my other problem , now i know these are issues with a bhg but now is running on 5 cyl.. the cylinder thats givin me problems is the one in the middle on pass side,, it has spark, new plugs,no oil or antifreeze in cylinder,good compr... could this b an injector or bent valve,piston ring.... please help me out thanks....

Old 01-31-2009, 03:47 PM

You have a coolant problem.

the noise you hear is the air in the system gurgling through the heater core.

the temp guage on that vehicle should sit justa smidge under 1/2

and the legend type 1 and type 2 engines are known to blow head gaskets.

the first thing you need to do is go to a repitable shop and have a combustable leak test performed.

that test will tell you if you have a bad head gasket.

then go to a different shop and get a second opinion.

I have seen gaskets fail and act like a check valve. they will only let a small amout of exhaust gas into the coolant but never let coolant into the cylinder.

wish you the best of luck. and please let us know what you find.