Legend This long running platform offered buyers both a coupe and sedan with a combination of luxury and performance...

90 Legend

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 05:38 PM

My 90 Legend, acts like it is flooded. If I attempt to start it and do not get it to fire up, then it will not fire up for 15-20 minutes. Does anyone have an idea why that is happening?

Old 07-03-2008, 09:44 AM

I had same problem with my '90. Turns out, it was not fuel problem at all, it was electrical believe it or not. Turns out Acura and Hondas have this weird thing were if the battery is not putting out atleast 13 volts, she won't start. I popped a new battery in mine and it has never done it again. Good luck!

Old 07-05-2008, 04:47 PM

well im not sure about the 13v thing...i have started many under 10v.

your problem is a main buss relay it is located under the dash next to the clutch pedal anxle area.

2 ways to test this.

1 do a fuel pressure test when its not starting. ( i bet you dont have fuel pressure)

2 check to see if you ECM has its little red light on when you try to start it. (it should come on at least once when the key is turned on)

the main buss relay supplies power to the ECM (engine control computer) and to the fuel pump enable circuit.

main buss relays also tend to "flake" out when the interion of the car gets hot.

im betting you dont have problems in the morning or late at night.

its a easy fix and costs about 50 bucks.

call for dave at scott's 1800-767-8640 and he can get 1 shipped to you asap.

there is a slight chance your fuel filter is plugging. but then if it didnt start once...it never will.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Administrator :

I think that answer above has got it down pat..thank you acuralegend...good answer [img]smileys/smiley14.gif[/img]

WheelBrokerAng [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]