Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

Thieves!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 05:53 PM

So, last night I went out to move my car to the other side of the street (since I live in New York and they do weekly street cleanings). As I walked towards my car, I noticed that my hood was popped. I questioned my boyfriend if he had accidentally popped it (since he was the last to drive it Sunday evening) and he said No. And as I waited for him to unlock my car with the alarm we realized it wasn't locked! Confused, we opened the door and realized that everything under my steering wheel was dangling... SOMEONE TRIED TO STEAL MY CAR!!! I have a 95 Integra GSR with probably the best alarm ever...I won't go into details since I don't want to put my car in further jeopardy; however, I was wondering if anyone can tell me how they got into my car? I don't believe it was slim-jimmed.... nothing was broken or taken.... and I've heard that there have been ways to break into cars via the hood. What the hecK? I feel so violated... but can someone please explain to me how this was done? If you don't want everyone knowing how to break into cars via the hood... just email/PM me...

Thanks!
Victoria

Old 04-18-2007, 12:44 AM

hey girl,

that is horrible! i have a 99 gsr and if people even get near my car, i go crazy. i hope your baby is ok!!

-carrie

Old 08-13-2007, 08:48 PM

well i dont know if this is how they did it but some people have ways of fooling ur alarm with tools kinda like the button that turns your alarm off. but this thing scrambles ur alarm and keeps it from going off. although if they have that kind of stuff then i doubt they would have had to crack open the dash to start it.

i'm sorry, i guess that doesnt really helpunless for some reason they had one thing but not what they needed to start the car.

[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]sorry