Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

Please help 96 integra catalytic problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 12:29 PM

Hey guys im new to this forum and this is my first post.. I have looked everywhere on the internet with no luck with what i need... here is my situation.. i got a used 96 integra gsr.. when i bought it it had some cheap aftermarket catalytic converter which won't pass smog right now.. here is what i need... i got a letter not long ago from acura extending my emmisions warranty... if i take my car in i will get a new factory catalytic converter.. spark plugs... wires.. distributor cap and rotor and oil change [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img](i called a dealership and it is100% verified) my problem is when i spoke with a service tech from the dealership he said if i bring it in and they see the non factory crappy catalytic on there now.. they will not replace that part for free... so what i need is a factory cat that should be original for a 96.. that way i put it on.. go to the dealer and since it is factory.... my warranty will cover itand they will never know..(well it isn't my fault who ever owned the car before me got rid of the stock catalytic converter) I cant find any pics of a stock 96 cat.. a guy at a local muffler shop said 94-95 integra cat is OBDI and the 96 and 97 integra cat is OBDII and im not sure if the 98 and up integra cats are the same as 96-97... so can anyone confirm the years of how the cats are or even better yet a pic of exactly the 96 or 97 factory cat.. the same guy says he has a used factory97 cat and it is identical to the cat they used on the 96.. i dunno if i can trust this guy so i want to see a pic of it.. then i can print it out and bring it down to verify.. i would GREATLY appreciate anyone who can help.. and if someone can get pics.. please get multiple angles so I can make sure its identical to the one he says is also factory unless there is another place I can find one... i called junkyards but they said it is illegal to sell a use cat from a junked car[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]... THANKS for anyone who can help and read this far [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img] johnny email johnnyz143@yahoo.com

Old 11-08-2006, 07:38 PM

you should see a honda stamp on the cat somewhere and i am having the same issues with my 98 GS-R not passing smog but that might be due to the new pistons or other mods i havent figured it all out yet