Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

obd2 to obd0 swap info

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 11:35 AM

Ok guys ive been scouring this and many other sights looking for some info on my engine swap and it has come crunch time. The motor is being droped in next week weather i have the info or have to find out the hard way ( hopeing for knowing the info). I have a couple of questions on this swap I am putting a B18b1 from a 1997 integra to a 1990 gen 2obd0 (i know its pre-obd but it justas easy to say obd0). there are several wires that arent going to be involved in this swap and I have fully converted my motor to be used as an obd0. Changes made in the distibuter, intake manifold and throttle body (both have been ported and gasket matched to the b18b1 head), thermostat housing, wireing harness,I am using obd1 injectors (rc sl2-370), 1997 fuel rail and 1990 valve cover.

Questions....

1. What are the wires on the back of the block of the b18a1 And where would I useor move these wire to convert on the b18b1?

2.Are the injectors i have being they are obd1 going to work in the obd0 ,the plugs match but whats the diff in the resistance?

3.Is there a way to use the obd2 Intake in the obd0 car I know that the obd2 intake is much better flowing do to less pipes and fitting?

4.What are the best Trans up grade options for my Trans can i weld the spider gears together and make it positive traction? I am using the 1990 trans.

5.Where in the HELL is the ecu I have torn apart the interior dash and cant find it its not under the foot kicks either ?

6.How difficult would an obd0 to obd1 swap be I know they make harnesses for that and you have switch the distibuter but what about the alternator or any other troubles I may run into ?

If anyone can help me asap I would be very greatful! this is my first swap and this motor is fully built so i gotta do it and cant wait to get it going very excited about this swap. Any other tips that any one can give me on this b18b1 obd2 to 1990 gen2 obd0 swap would be awsome

Old 01-31-2009, 04:05 PM

hmm good questions.

#1 is the odd plugs green on the old motor and is the new morot a vtec?

#2 i will see if i can find values on thos injectors on monday.

#3 dont know. if its just a case of a sender or 2 i would use the obd2

#4 dont weld those gears unless your not ever gonna turn that car again.

#5 ecm look under the passenger front seat.

#6 i would use the 1990 harness and adapt it to the 1997 engine.

i will do some leg work on monday and see if we can get this a little more solid.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:35 PM

As far as I could tell there is no green plug on this wiring harness. What was on the b18a1 block (the wires im concerned with ) was on the back of the block to the left of the oil filter there were two prongs on one item in the block and the other was a circle plug not sure if that was green though the block was junk andIhauled it to the dump after every thing was strippedThe new motor is a non vtec b18b1

Mods

Eagle crank & rods , wisco pistons 13:1 comp. Stage 2 cams, port &polish, comp cam springs, titanium retainers, Ferra flat head valves,adjustable cam gears, 65mm intake, rc injectors

I know thats not the important part but Ive got to much in it not to use it

This swap is a pretty strait forward swap I feel like I just want everthing right when I get it running so I dont f every thing up. The motors are based on the same platform correct just one is more advanced than the other

Old 01-31-2009, 06:20 PM

so I have figured out the green plug it was on there and i just have to use the 1997 thermostat housing it is the coolent temp sensor and it was moved to the thermostat housing for the b18b1 now i just need to find out about the two prongs that were on the a1 the were just above the coolent temp signal

Old 02-14-2009, 02:53 PM

Alright you guys the swap is done and the motor is running perfectly but there is a lil problem with the feul pump I can run my car first thing in the morning and start it 3 or so times after, the problem is after that my fuel pump wont turn on I have no clue as to what could cause this and I am stumping my self even more the more I think about it Somebody please help me out with this if you have any clue I am open to all sugestions

Old 02-28-2009, 05:48 PM

Alright here is an update on my car! I have everything in working order as far as electrical including the fuel pump and heat sensors The car is still running good A little rich but good and now I am in the tunning process Does any one know a good cam setup for my N\A motor I know with the comp ratio I will have to retard the timming to run on pump gas and does anyone on this site know where I can get my PCM (ECU) chipped so I can use Turbo Edit or does any one have a stand alone for an obd0 B18a1 integra Its is a pr-4 obd0 car is a 1990 dc9 integra