Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

look please

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 06:54 AM

well, i just bought me a 4 door 1990 Acura Integra GS. i wanted to have like a project car and stuff so i saw it and it was cheap so i bought it. well now im not sure that this is a good car for that i mean it does have a lil kick to it thats for sure but ive looked online at performance parts for it and didnt really see much but maybe i wasnt lookin good enough i dont know. anyway umm what do you guys think? this thing possibly have some potential? if ya do think so and if ya got the time then please tell me what all you would do to it performance wise. feedback is much appreciated thanks.

Old 07-22-2005, 01:11 PM
Administrator

well, the benefit to building an HMC product, is that parts are readily available. every aftermarket import performance company makes parts for HMC vehicles. and engine swaps are easily accessible. check this link for some more help on engine swaps, and more tips..

www.HondaCivicForum.com

Old 07-22-2005, 03:07 PM

hey mark, well for a GSyou can use the LS/RS part. its the same non v-tec motor.

Old 07-22-2005, 03:59 PM

well, i think i might just have to try and re-sell t because i took it for a ride today and now the POS is burning oil.. i even checked for that before i bought it but i guess i didnt check good enough. ive also noticed some oil on the engine.. im guessing thats from a busted head gasket or something but could that make it smoke the blue/gray color as well? or is it about to lock up and im just screwed?

Old 10-13-2005, 11:02 PM

As for the oil on the engine where is it exactly? i own a 91 integra gs and recently replaced my overhead cam seal. your engine has a dual overhead cam look on the left side of the engine. on the rear is the distributor on the front cam is just a little black seal check for any cracks or splits. it was easy to replace and only cost a few bucks good luck