Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

help, coil spring coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 05:20 PM

< =""><!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//--></>Hi bought an integra and it was lowered. Its too low to the ground and i dont think i will be able to drive it when it starts snowing. I took it to the dealer and he said it will cost over $1000 to get the original coil springs back on. I was looking on the internet for a better price and saw some tenzo coilovers for $200. I think a coilover is the same thing as a coil spring except you can adjust the height. If it is, then i would save a lot of money. But i'm not sure. Would i be able to buy some coilovers for $200, have in installed, and my car would almost be back to normal height? Can someone please help me?

Old 11-08-2006, 01:16 PM

i dont suggest going to the dealer for any work unless its free

but thast me personaly

look on ebaymotors or something for the stock springs but just remember that chances are if its under $50 its too good to be true

Old 11-08-2006, 07:34 PM

ya man i have a lowered teg too... my solution is just not drive it in the snow... i have eibach springs on it and i love them my shocks are KYB and they are adjustable tension for smoother rides (that doesnt raise the ride height tho) i am nto a fan of coilovers but yes they adjust your height

Old 11-10-2006, 02:27 PM

I purchased coilovers and didn't like the ride at all, way to bouncy. So i put the old lowering springs back on. I wouldn't go to the manufacture either, way to expensive. If you're looking for stock ride height hit up a wrecking yard for springs although I'muneasy onpurchasing used struts.