Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

Acura GSR vs. Cavalier Z24

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 11:42 AM

I have an Acura GSR performance car not stock! Get that right!

My friend thinks that his Cavalier Z24 can beat my Teggy GSR just because it has a twin cam and headers. Who do you guys think would win because I haven't raced him yet and if I can get yall opinion and you think I can win I will put pink slips on that race. But tell the truth please.

I have:

Exhaust Kit

Body Kit

Cold Air Intake

Headers

2x LCD monitors on the roof

Indash DVD player

Stage 2 Racing Clutch

Racing Pedals

Tinted Windows

A 15" Audiobahn in the back

Crossover/Equalizer

Racing Tires/ 18" Chrome Rims

and that is about it so far!

But guess what... I'm only 16!Edited by: MaginumSoldier

Old 02-20-2007, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by MaginumSoldier

I have an Acura GSR performance car not stock! Get that right!

My friend thinks that his Cavalier Z24 can beat my Teggy GSR just because it has a twin cam and headers. Who do you guys think would win because I haven't raced him yet and if I can get yall opinion and you think I can win I will put pink slips on that race. But tell the truth please.

I have:

Exhaust Kit

Body Kit

Cold Air Intake

Headers

2x LCD monitors on the roof

Indash DVD player

Stage 2 Racing Clutch

Racing Pedals

Tinted Windows

A 15" Audiobahn in the back

Crossover/Equalizer

Racing Tires/ 18" Chrome Rims

and that is about it so far!

But guess what... I'm only 16!

Woa would want to race this.

this is what i think from the mods you have:

Body kit will add35 HP

2x LCD monitors on the roof will add maybe 30 HP

Indash DVD player could possibly push maybe10 HP

Racing Pedals definatly get5 HP

Tinted Windows for sure you will get1 HP

A 15" Audiobahn in the back that you may get another10 HP

Crossover/Equalizer that can possibly get5HP if you know what your doing

Racing Tires/ 18" Chrome Rims and probly get 35 HP

man thats alot of HP there,

actualy you just added a bunch of weight so the cavy will get you there, not to mention the cavy is a realy light car to begin with.

i own a z24 and they are quick little cars so its up to you but it all depends on the drivers too if they know what there doing

Old 02-26-2007, 02:46 AM

actually if u take out all that BS u have before you race him, im pretty sure u got it.

i drive a 95 2.2L vtec accord. (4cyl) with cold air and cat back and i was neck and neck with the Z24, then about 3rd gear i slowly inched away. but then again...my accord was unsually quick, considering...accords are just plain slow. lol

Old 02-27-2007, 07:36 AM

Well.. hes not going to automatically win because of his twin cams..you have em to acura/honda calls it DOHC(dual overhead cams) headders aloneare only gonne help so much(1-25@hp) best. Depenfing onwhat else he's dopne to the car(my frinds dad often downplays the work done to his '72 650hp Cobra engine for that competive edge...or to just humiliate unsuspecting kids)I think weight to power ratio and driving experience is going to be the biggest factor here....If it was me..i'd never risk loosing my car in a race. But thats me. im broke as hell and i need to drive 50+ miles to get to and from work

Old 02-27-2007, 10:18 PM

Go for it!!! If your in a position to race for your car(who are you Vin Diesel?) I'm sure daddy will buy you a new one. Any HP gains you may of got from your mods are canceled out by all the crap you stuffed in your car. Stage 2 clutch, why? This car is obviously for show only(and by the way shame on you for doing thatto a GSR).

All that aside the Z24 is a heap of crap. If it has more that 50,000 miles on it, there's a chance that it might just fall apart during the race. Think about what your wagering. A GSR with thousands of dollars in rims and electronics VS.a steaming pile of poo. Sounds like a sucker bet to me.

Old 02-28-2007, 02:54 PM

All that aside the Z24 is a heap of crap. If it has more that 50,000 miles on it, there's a chance that it might just fall apart during the race

haha too funny mine has 115,000 and has not fallen apart yet, the only way to see who realy wins is to race.

it all realy depends on how the driver actually drives his/her car

Old 02-28-2007, 09:26 PM

Get rid of that Z24 now! Like a 400 pound man in a buffet line, your living on borrowed time!

Old 03-01-2007, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by AKinDen
Get rid of that Z24 now! Like a 400 pound man in a buffet line, your living on borrowed time!

hahahahahahahaha, my car is way lighter then yours, so ill take my 400 over your 800 lbs man, my car would stomp your ***, wish i could but your not anywere around me to find out

Old 03-02-2007, 12:04 AM

Light? Your bragging cause your car is lighter? lol,what is that? You also have .6 liters of displacement more that the GSR (2.4 vs. 1.8)and stock carto stock carthe Z24would stilllose in the 1/4 mile and on the track.

So tosummarize, bigger engine + lighter car = LOSS4U!But speaking of light, come to the light brother! Dump that thing and buy a Honda.You'll thank me later.

Old 03-02-2007, 12:14 PM

ROLMAO, you know youll get your *** whoooped you just dont want to admit it,

add bigger engine to my light car compared to your smaller engine and heavier car with all that crap you have in it doesnt help either so yea i would definitly own your *** on the street or track.

pssst, only good thing about honda is the way they look, :P

Quick Reply: Acura GSR vs. Cavalier Z24