Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

96 Integra Headlight Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 05:28 PM

I bought Black Housing Halo Projectors recently and I am getting ready to put them in. Now I have the chilton's manual for this car but I can't find it right now so here's my question. Do I have to remove my front bumper in order to replace the headlights? The damn bolts are so rusted, I don't get it, bolts get rusty but my car isn't haha. Any help would be great.

- 96 Acura Integra LS/Vtec
HKS Coilovers, Tokico Shocks, Tein Strut Bars, Sport Max Rims, Nitto NT555 tires, Type-R Carbon Fiber Front Lip, OEM Style Carbon Fiber hood, Black housing corner lights, Black Housing Tail Lights, AEM Cold Air Intake, AEM Tru-Power Pulleys, Skunk 2 Cams and Cam Gears, Skunk 2 Intake Manifold, Skunk 2 Short throw shifter, Magnacor spark plug wires, DC Sports headers, downpipe, high flow cat, and catback exhaust.

Old 03-17-2007, 09:29 PM

yea you gotta remove the front bumper. Haines manual says, 1) remove boltssecuring lower edges of bumper(Rusty ones?). 2) in front wheel well remove plasticretaining screws. 3)remove the bumper cover to chassis bolts. 4) remove screws or plastic retaining rivets that secure the upper portion of the bumper cover. Good luck with the swap! Two things. replace those bolts with stainless [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]and make sure youREMOVE POWERbefore splicing in your halos![img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img] Those will look nice and should really improve how well you can see at night.