Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

95 LS

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 04:10 PM

hello everybody

recently I bought integra 95 LS and now I'm trying to take care of it, I took it to service center and they told me its got a lot of aftermarket parts and I need to replace them and required a lot of money that I don't have damn it, I'm just student and I needed a car, and I took a loan for that peace of metal, bank and insurance company already robbed me...

here's the list those bloodsuckers gave me

these ones with highest priority:
replace rear brake pads 123$
replace rear brake rotors 310$

and these ones where under caution:
replace front struts 474$
replace rear struts 425$
replace lower ball joints 300$
replace outer both side tie rod ends 242$
replace rack and pinion boots 352$
replace valve cover gasket 116$
replace timing cover gasket 345$
perform automatic transmission flush 120$
[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img][img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

I'm wondering why the hell replacement of rotors should cost that much?? I I checked out in internet, I can get fancy EBC rotors for 130$, and I really don't need them because I don't race and I'm not gonna do any tuneups, just regular 50$ rotors would work for me. so they charge me a lot for just replacing it??? they didn't even say what brand will it be, they said just stock... I'm really not sure about those prices, its a robbery!!

by the way, is it allowed to flush the transmission oil for this model??

recently I also noticed that car lights up "service required" on the panel, I really don't know what does it mean, I don't have a manual, does anybody have any idea?

by the way, does anybody know any expert in my area? I'm in Manhattan, KS.

I really really hope for your advices guys

thanks a lot in advanced
< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" ="text/"></>< ="text/">_uacct = "UA-939292-41";
urchinTracker();
</>
Edited by: iraklisv

Old 01-10-2008, 06:05 PM

ya that sucks. You should do the brake job yourself, you can by cheapo pads for like 20 bucks each set and its damn easy to do. all you really need is a c-clamp to push the piston in and an 11/16 wrench for the caliper bolts. you can get cheap rotors too from a napa or something. everything else is a judgment call really. i mean if your just gonna use it till it dies out only do the maintenance thats like a safety issue. I had a service light on my 01' integra forever and it was just there to let me know it was time for an oil change. theres a way to reset it, i dont really know how tho.< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" ="text/"></>< ="text/">_uacct = "UA-939292-41";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 01-10-2008, 07:13 PM

thanks pal, I'll look for tools and change breaks myself!!! and I'll go to shop for transmission fluid change.

but what about other stuff?? < src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" ="text/"></>< ="text/">_uacct = "UA-939292-41";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 01-11-2008, 12:16 AM

call dave at Scott's i bet hes got a set of struts used that would get you by for many years.

1800-767-8640

the seals and brakes he can get you 1 hell of a deal on those parts new.

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" ="text/"></>< ="text/">_uacct = "UA-939292-41";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 05-22-2008, 06:01 PM

To reset the service light, there is a button behind the dash to the right of
the steering wheel. Square button. Push it in and hold it for about 2-3
seconds, and then the light goes out.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:00 PM

You should learn how do do work yourself. All us bimmer people do that because bmws are really expensive to get work done. Also because it's fun. No those prices aren't fair, but they are true mechanic prices.