Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

91 integra gs big post lost of ques

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 09:19 PM

i recently baught a 91 teg gs red 3 door sunroof

im the 10th owner [img]smileys/smiley6.gif[/img]

i got ripped off and its cost me a tonne so far

so i have some questions about it.......

1) i have to double clutch into 3rd or it grinds (up shift only), and the engine is worn and noisy.....im thinking of getting a junkyard b16a with a 5spd......how hard is the conversion???

2) the body is in rouph shape.....dents and rust......im thinking about getting a body kit (not a crazy one just a nice smooth one) and re-painting it 2 tone.......what areas cant be replaced?.........how can i tell if the rust is so bad that it wont be worth it to replace????

3)the passenger door lock....if i try to lock it from the outside of the car with the key, it just spins and spins as if it were stripped....????

4)the passenger window switch doesnt work, and the driver side window switch controls both windows at the same time, thus it is impossible to put down only the driver side or only the passenger side window at one time

any comments or answerswould be appretiated

Old 10-08-2007, 07:51 AM

ooftie your right about the question there
first on the clutch climb inside under the dash and check for brake fluid up under the pedals...a bad clutch master can gritch a tranny. (otherwise your looking at a transmission)

rust can be fought the question i would wonder about is the suspension mounts door mounts...etc...

pass door lock sounds like the 35 cent clip broke allowing the lock linkage to fall off

and honda/acuras are well known for eating master window switches...when they do so 1 thing that happens is the pass window switch looses power...given to it by the driver side switch. (eplace the dr switch)

you can call dave at Scott's for used parts if you need any...1800-767-8640