Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

88 1.6L Integra

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 03:48 PM

Just picked up a 88 integra 2d hatchback with a 1.6L 5 speed. The engine was just rebuilt 1,600 miles ago. Here is the problem when you start the car and it happens pretty much no matter warmed up or not the idle is very irratic. it goes from say 800 to 1100 back down to 800 ect. ect. Any idea's before I bring the car to the dealership and get bent over. Thanks )

Old 07-09-2007, 04:02 PM

Hey, I had a similar problem with my 89 RS and it could be one of the following problems. Spark plugs and wires need replacing, (thats what it was for me) the fuel filter or the fuel pump, there was also talk of the distributer having moisture in it, but I doubt that would have any affect on idle. hope that helps dude

Old 07-10-2007, 01:30 PM

The engine only has 1600 miles on it. We just replaced it and the clutch and tranny. I'm leaning more toward the Idle Air Control Valve on the back of the intake manifold. Any idea's?

Old 07-10-2007, 02:32 PM

any chance the sparkplugs werent gapped at all or werent gapped right because normally idle has to do with either the cylinder not firing at the right time at all or as u were thinking with the idle air control, another thing, did any performance parts or anything not originally on the engine get added? cuz your comp may be trying to adjust for another element or may have gone limp. Just Ideas dont quote me lol

Old 07-10-2007, 05:00 PM

No aftermarket parts and everything is new. I know the sparkplugs are gapped right....its at the shop as we speak. There THINKING Idle air control. I will let u know!