Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

1992 Integra - No start

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 10:55 PM

Its had this type of issue for at least 2 years now. Got it used, worked great for a few weeks then, out of the blue, turned the key and notta.

Checked the normal things - found nothing. Ended up replacing the cap/rotor/wires/plugs. Worked most of the time...every once in a while had the same problem.

6 months ago couldn't get it to start at all - Check engine light would not go out, cranked fine but no fire. Brother in-lawwas anautomechanic (I know), now in themilitary.He thoughtwe needed a new fuel pump, so we repalced that. Started up just fine, ran for 2 days, then same ole problem. Parked car for 4 months.

He just replaced the distributor and the main relay. Notta. Car still cranks, but will not turn over.

I had a serious water leak in the car through thefan vent on the passenger side, I think leakedon the ECU under the dash.He checkedit, looked like it possibly had some water leak inside it. He alsosaid the ECU was from a junk yard and it was made for a honda...not sure how he determined the honda part but it did have a junk yard type # in chalk on it. He said the ECU didn't have a led...he was going to try to read out the codes to see exactly what was going on.

For the record, there is an Engine Control Unit under the passenger dashmounted to the floor and a Electronic Control Unit under the Drivers dash?? Please correct me if I'm wrong

I am not an auto mechanic, although I can hold my own. I was a aircraft mechanic for 20 years in the Navy. I would like some suggestions on what to do next. My in-law says I need to tow it to the local Acura dealer and have them tell me what it going on. I figured I could check here 1st. I am tired of spending what seems like needless $$$$ on "guesswork". Any SOLID troubleshooting steps would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!!