General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Winshield wippers not working?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Default Winshield wippers not working?

hELLO all,

I jumped in my car this morning (in the rain) and hit the wipper switch and nothing, I figured it was the fuse so I pulled it out and checked it, but it was good. I replaced it anyways but no luck. Before I dig into this problem further is there any known problems that I should be aware of with the wippers in a 2002 Acura TL type S ?

Any advice would be great,
Thanks

Old 03-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Administrator :
Lightbulb Hi |Member

I looked in the re-calls at Acura in the DIY and haven't seen anything on it in there..

Sorry

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Images  
Old 03-29-2010, 04:20 AM
Default .

OK, thanks

I tested it and I'm getting power to the motor. So I'm going to be ordering a new wiper motor

Old 04-20-2010, 06:03 AM

It's possible that the wiper motor is starting to go. It's likely that some malfuction on the motor is causing it to slame them down or it can not lower them properly anymore. Take it to a shop and see what they say.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:59 PM

Just to let you guys know, I installed the new wipper motor and all is good again.

Thanks,

Old 05-15-2010, 04:54 AM

It's possible that the wiper motor is starting to go. It's likely that some malfuction on the motor is causing it to slame them down or it can not lower them properly anymore. Take it to a shop and see what they say.

Old 05-18-2010, 04:26 AM

Old 04-29-2011, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by maddmatt
OK, thanks

I tested it and I'm getting power to the motor. So I'm going to be ordering a new
wiper motor
Bump. +1. Good thing you ordered a new wiper motor already. I am guessing that is the main culprit for this. You could have wasted time if you didn't prompt yourself to replace it.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:50 PM

I don't believe it's going to be the fuse that's causing you the problem, it sound more like the relay , i would think that the relay is stuck closed,which would cause the wipers to stay on when you turn the key off.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:18 AM
Administrator :
Lightbulb Thanks For Your Answer :)

Originally Posted by maddmatt
Just to let you guys know, I installed the new wipper motor and all is good again.

Thanks,
Thank You for letting us know that is what was wrong with your post..

Later! WheelBrokerAng ...

Quick Reply: Winshield wippers not working?