General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Need help with fuel system

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Default Need help with fuel system

okay so heres the deal, im working on my sister's 2002 acura RL, and it turns over to start and it will not start, the starter's not sluggish. That being said, here are a few things that ran through my mind:
1 fuel pump
2 fuel filters
3 spark plugs

those were really the only three i could think of just off of what was given to me.

one thing i noticed is that when the car is in park, and the car is fully on but the motor isnt running, there is a click in the center consol where the shifter is when i press the gas down, i figure that its just probably a switch relaying electricity to the fuel pump which is by the gas tank under the back seat, but before i start tearing everything apart to get the car running well again i was just wandering if this was a potential problem that i needed to address?

Old 07-11-2009, 02:23 PM

Fuel pumps rarely go out in newer acuras. Always start with diagnosis by checking fuses first. Are any lights on the dash on? See if its getting gas. if it is check ignition system. Coil packs!

Old 08-07-2009, 03:26 AM

I need to set up my site where when you click on a menu, it brings up another set of menus for that section. Like a site within a site. For example, click on a department and it has its own set of links to the articles that relate to that department. Can this be done? _____________________________________Website I designed for faxless cash advance company.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:44 AM

okay i figured it out the day of... it ended up being the main fuel pump relay underneath the dash... easy as pie to get out but a bitch and a half to get the new one back on the little bracket... white hands were not made to work on these... haha...

first thing i checked was if any fuel was coming... pulled a line and ran the starter. apparently these relays go out ALL the time in the 98 through 04 acuras... but thanks for the help... if you search for it there is an awsome step by step somewhere on the internet that i found!

Old 08-07-2009, 01:52 PM

Before I installed joomla, I installed other CMS via cpanel-fantastisco. The installation is very easy, but I dont like that CMS so I decided to installed joomla via cpanel also. But this time I am getting error saying I already installed joomla and cant create the database. I cant I installed the previous CMS via cpanel because I think some files are missing. Please help. Thanks _____________________________________Website I designed for payday advance loans company.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:22 PM

Maybe you could try to check those three especially the fuel pump.The fuel pump requiring only gravity to feed fuel from the fuel tank through a line or hose to the engine.