General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Help: dealer screw up my wheels!

Old 11-15-2006, 02:20 AM

Hi all,

I need some help from experts. A couple weeks ago, I brought my car to the dealer to service. What they did were oil change and replacing brake pads. After the service I did not pay attention to the wheels. A couple weeks later, I noticed that all my four wheels were scratched. Please the photo I attached. The dealer claimed that they only did the brake pad and that circle scratch mark came from rotate and balance tire. So they refused to do anything.

Before I file a formal complaint to the dealership, I want you guys have a look and tell me if there is any chance this circle scratch could come from the brake pad change? Used wrong tool? Polishing the brake pad?

Thank you very much!

[img]uploads/mikelu/Z23FA_IMG_5102.jpg[/img]

Old 11-15-2006, 11:57 AM

I hate having anybody work on my car and this is a pretty ugly reason as to why. It appears as if this wheel has been laid upon its face and slid across or turned on abrasive surface.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:12 PM

IM USED TO BE A TECH A A HONDA DEALERSHIP AND I CAN TELL U FROM EXPERIENCE THAT THOSE MARKS CAME FROM LAYING THE WHEEL FACE DOWN ON THE SHOP FLOOR. SIMILAR MARKS COME FROM THE TIRE BALANCER BUT THEY NORMALLY WIPE OFF. BUT ID SAY SINCE ITS BEEN A WHILE THEY PROLY ARENT GOING TO HELP U OUT ANY. IS IT ON ALL FOUR WHEELS OR JUST THE ONE???

Old 01-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Newest Of Newbies

SAME ANSWER HERE. SEEN PLENTY OF GREASE MONKEYS PUT THE WHEELS UPSIDE-DOWN ON THE FLOOR. THE PART WHERE IT IS SCRATHCED STICKS OUT THE FURTHEST. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BRAKE WORK ITSELF. THE BALANCER COULD LEAVE MARKS ON THAT SIDE BUT A SMALLER CIRCLE WOULD WIPE OFF. THIS MAKES US TECHS LOOK BAD. FIND A NEW ACURA DEALER!