Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here...

1994 Acura Integra

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 08:31 PM

Well im bout to buy me a 94 integra and im wanting to paint it a midnight metallic blue but i really wnat to be able to see the color first and some other colors so i was wondering if anyone could give me a link to a site to show me the different color paints

Thanks God BlessEdited by: J-man08

Old 05-20-2006, 12:58 AM

This reply is coming at you quite a while after you posted this, but if you still need a site....

Here is a link to a touchup paint site: http://www.expresspaint.com/

It's a touchup paint site, but if you go through their drop down menus for selecting a model/etc they will show actual paint chips.

If you like what you see they also include the color code if you want to order from another supplier. Although, they do sell paint in sizes up to a quart.

My only suggestion is to maybe brighten your comp monitor a bit b/c some of the darker colors, like the midnight blue, show up kind of dark.

Good luck!

Old 05-20-2006, 01:07 AM

Well hey Thanks alot for the helpI found what I needed on that site just wanted to say Thanks, God Bless You

Old 05-20-2006, 01:10 AM

Awesome! You're welcome.

Old 05-28-2006, 04:45 AM

Hey,

I am the GM at a body shop and my suggestion to you would be to go to your local automotive paint store and they have color books with actual paint samples in them (kinda like what you see for house colors). That way you could pick the exact color you want. Just to let you know, a base coat/clear coat paint system is what you will want.

CarlosEdited by: carlosjochoa

Old 12-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Just a fair warning for anyone else reading this post:

When looking at color chips online there are dozens of factors that will effect what you actually see. Anything from what kind of monitor you are using, what kind of lights you have in the room you are in, what colors are around the color chip when you viewed it, how long you looked at it, etc etc. Color on a computer is a shot in the dark at best and is defined mathematically. Computers use a hexadecimal system with values from0 - 255 of red, blue, and yellow to express color. In real life, color does not have these limitations and therefore you can NEVER get a color from the screen to your car and have it be the same. If you really want to get the correct color and you care about the car then I would always do it in person like Carlos said. There are some online paint suppliers (www.paintworldinc.com) that will ship you a paint chip book that you can look at and choose from. ALWAYS LOOK AT IT IN THE SUN. Automotive paint color is extreamly subjective to what light source is in the area and natural sunlight comes closest to "color correct". Custom Automotive Paint suppliers have expensive "color correct" light bulbs and highly trained color match professionals to make sure of a match. Let us take the work and headaches out of it for you. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

-Mike