Acura  Forums - Acura Enthusiasts Forum

Acura Forums - Acura Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.acuraforums.com/forum/)
-   TSX (https://www.acuraforums.com/forum/tsx-17/)
-   -   Honda Accord from Cyprus ( Acura TSX) (https://www.acuraforums.com/forum/tsx-17/hnda-accord-cyprus-acura-tsx-2513/)

ACCORD Euro 06-04-2008 04:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all of you. As the title i own a Honda Accord( Acura TSX) 2005 model 2.0L 4 cylinder 155HP 5 speed automatic.i live in Cyprus and i am looking forward to give some more horsepower and torque to my car without replacing anything inside the engine..i already added a second exhaust and a K&N filter..
Any suggestions??

This is my car

Attachment 1472

AKinDen 06-04-2008 06:26 PM

For clarification what is your engine code? The TSX has a 2.4 liter 200+hp 4-cylinder, Engine Code K24A2. The code is stamped on your engine block. Let us know the code and we'll see what we can do.

ACCORD Euro 06-04-2008 11:25 PM

Oh i forgot that.the engine code is K20A6
We have also the 2.4L version but for that car the code is K24A3
Thanks

AKinDen 06-05-2008 11:41 PM

I'm guessing that your engine in the US is in the Acura RSX non type-s(also known as the Honda Integra outside the US). Engine code is K20A5 I think but I'm not sure. Be careful with increasing your horsepower too much on an automatic Honda Transmission. It was built for fuel economy not racing. Honda manual transmissions can take a thrashing with lots more power but not the auto ones. I don't mean to sound negative. You have a great car. Have you considered a suspension upgrade involving increasing the spring rate and lowering your car 20-30mm? Your car would look really nice dropped an inch or so and you would feel the difference when you drive.

ACCORD Euro 06-07-2008 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by AKinDen
I'm guessing that your engine in the US is in the Acura RSX non type-s(also known as the Honda Integra outside the US). Engine code is K20A5 I think but I'm not sure. Be careful with increasing your horsepower too much on an automatic Honda Transmission. It was built for fuel economy not racing. Honda manual transmissions can take a thrashing with lots more power but not the auto ones. I don't mean to sound negative. You have a great car. Have you considered a suspension upgrade involving increasing the spring rate and lowering your car 20-30mm? Your car would look really nice dropped an inch or so and you would feel the difference when you drive.

I already lower it with the Honda/Acura OEM lower sport suspension 30mm on the front and 35 mm on the rear wheels...
I am thinking of not to increase too much the hp but +10-20 hp more at the moment...If i will go with more hp i will change the gearbox to a manual one...I guess that engines with automatic transmissions are faster when you change the gearbox to a manual, than the OEM manual transmission engines...
I noticed that when i used to have a 93 Civic hatchback...It was 1.5 SOCH V-TEC but with automatic ECU..When this ECU was damaged i changed to a Manual ECU for the same engine and the car was slower..When i repaired the automatic ECU the car was fast again and believe me there was a HUGE difference........
So what do you suggest to do to get up to 20hp for my Accord??
A n ECU remapping will be any good??

AKinDen 06-09-2008 09:30 PM

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. It took me awhile to research your engine code and i'm still not 100% sure. As far as I can tell your engine is the basic equivalent to a K20A3 found in the 2002-2005 US Honda civic SI... But this model was only avaliable in a manual transmission. My guess is the only possible problem with performance parts for the SI in your engine bay is physical fitment due to the different sizes of the bays. To answer the upgrade question, Have you done a full intake and exaust system upgrade? Intake pipe, Headers, catalytic converter(If you have one) and muffler? If you have, tuning with a new ECU is your next(expensive)step. Contact Hondata USA and see if their K-PRO ecu will work for you. If it will than this ecu can take you anywhere you want to go. naturally aspirated, super charged, Turbo, it can manage them all.The US civic SI has a lot of aftermarket support for it. Everything you want to do to your engine, someone has made it. hope this helps.

ACCORD Euro 06-09-2008 11:32 PM

Thanks for the time that you spend to check that[img]smileys/smiley20.gif[/img].
No i didn't replace the exhaust system, i just add a second final box which is connected to the first one(OEM exhaust by Honda).I know that replacing the exhaust system and the air filter system is the first that someone HAVE TO do and it will be one of the next steps....Replacing the ECU with that one that you said and the exhaust system, what is the average HP that i will get approximately??Also is there an option to gain more power by re-programming my OEM ECU(just because of the money [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]) or it is not worth it??
Thanks again BTW...

johncindy 12-31-2010 01:28 AM

nice car

hi guys,
i m fond of this car.if any want to sale plz contact.....

WheelBrokerAng 01-01-2011 09:44 AM

Hey John...Are you also Living in CYPRUS..cause that's where this car is at?

WheelBrokerAng :)

and the post by the way was from 2008.

hadlernabi 01-21-2011 11:11 AM

Hi vehicle looking good in nice color... Superb pic and nice wheels, rims...