TL Acura's mid level luxury sedan puts the emphasis on creature comforts, without compromising class leading performance...

Ipod integration

Old 04-05-2007, 12:10 PM

I have recently purchased a ’04 TL, this car is amazing I love everything about it. From the way it sticks to the road to the voice activated handsfreelink and it’s heathed leather seats. I have been obsessing about this car for quite some time, and was finally able to get rid of my gas hungry ’01 Pathfinder.

However I was slightly disappointed to find out that Acura’s ipod integration kit is only compatible with ’06 and newer models. I have done some research and found that some people were able to talk their dealers into installing it even on much older models. Unfortunately I didn’t get anywhere with my local dealership, it sounded like they think that in theory it would work, but nobody wants to take reasonability if they try to install it and something does go wrong.

I found a few alternative solutions online, but most of them don’t offer a full integration that includes steering wheel controls and/or text information displayed right on the car’s radio screen (I don’t have navigation system).

So I was just wondering if anyone was able to find a way to fully integrate their ipod on a 04/05 TL models.

Thank you,

Andrew

Old 06-15-2007, 10:32 AM

I talked to my dealership a little while back about installing the acura ipod adapter into my '04. They said it would work, but there are some bugs to it. I can't remember exactly what all the bugs were. one of them is that you can't switch directly to the ipod input....you have to go to tape then to the ipod input. I may be wrong, but I think there are some problems with the controls as well. The major turn-off for me was the price. I found an aftermarket adapter that would work for a fraction of the cost.

hope this helps

Old 07-19-2007, 09:42 AM

Get Dice R3 or R4. You'll get text on your audio screen. http://www.diceelectronics.com/

Old 07-22-2007, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by ezland00

Get Dice R3 or R4. You'll get text on your audio screen. http://www.diceelectronics.com/
Do you personally own one of these? If so, do you mind posting pics of it hooked up and working? Thanks for the heads-up on it though.

Old 07-22-2007, 04:59 PM

no, i don't have it yet. i'm getting one soon. right now i'm trying to get some rims and lower springs.alsoi'm working onthe AEM intake, it'll be here by the end of next week..