Acura  Forums - Acura Enthusiasts Forum

Acura Forums - Acura Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.acuraforums.com/forum/)
-   RSX (https://www.acuraforums.com/forum/rsx-18/)
-   -   hell yes! (https://www.acuraforums.com/forum/rsx-18/hell-yes-448/)

loversxman 06-12-2006 12:44 PM

hey guys i finally got my headers on .So now i got intake,cams,headers,catback and ecu.I got my car dyno and i was a little mad.It was only 180hp !!!!.I think im going to get rid of this pos and get a evo. How can you guys deal with this car?I spent a nice $ money on this pos and it gave me 20hp.I can barley beat a srt-4 and a sti.!!!!

your_xtc 06-13-2006 12:08 AM

oh my god. You can't beat an sti or an srt 4. If you are only pushing 180 WHP then the sti that comes now with 330 hp at the crank so should be pushing right below 300 somewhere at the wheels will kill your car. Lets not start this conversation again. anyway 20whp on those mods should be about normal. I would expect at least a little more but that depends on what brands you would put on your car.

loversxman 06-13-2006 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by your_xtc
oh my god. You can't beat an sti or an srt 4. If you are only pushing 180 WHP then the sti that comes now with 330 hp at the crank so should be pushing right below 300 somewhere at the wheels will kill your car. Lets not start this conversation again. anyway 20whp on those mods should be about normal. I would expect at least a little more but that depends on what brands you would put on your car.

I have killed srt-4 befor and sti,from a roll.how the hell do you know?God man what is your problem.I am going to put the video on here today so you assholes can see it! Im sick of you treating people like they are liers.How do you know if i beat them or not?They could of been realy bad drivers!I am now down to 13.2 with slicks,so fuk off.I killed those cars with slicks at the track last weekend.Thanks alot for being so nice.

your_xtc 06-15-2006 07:58 PM

anyone need some real help. or have any good stories.

Oh yeah when my spec v was bone stock it kept up with a type s fully bolted. When racing a neon Srt-4 it got an ass whooping. I race cars. I fix cars. I live sleep eat cars. Who is this guy?

d-man05 07-16-2007 01:10 AM

lol.. 180whp? and your running 13.2? did you get like 400 pounds of weight reduction or something? a stock SRT will dyno 225-235 to the wheels.. an RSX is lighter, but your power curve is sh*t. you only hit that 180 mark at 8000 rpm.. an SRT will hit 200whp at 3800 and climp to 230ish by redline at 6200.. thats a very broad powerband incase you didnt realize.. im starting to wave the bullsh*t flag here now..

djvaly 07-19-2007 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by loversxman
hey guys i finally got my headers on .So now i got intake,cams,headers,catback and ecu.I got my car dyno and i was a little mad.It was only 180hp !!!!.I think im going to get rid of this pos and get a evo. How can you guys deal with this car?I spent a nice $ money on this pos and it gave me 20hp.I can barley beat a srt-4 and a sti.!!!!

180 whp hp? I think your dyno gave you 180rwhp reading. anyways all that cam, intake, headers and catback don't mean much if you haven't done the heads... the heads is the biggest cork/bottleneck. so do the heads and you'll net 50hp all together.my 2 cents.

Edited by: djvaly

RSXS 08-15-2007 08:27 PM

isn't that the point? To take the time and money to put more power into your car. More so than trying to beat cars that are faster even with all those mods....I mean you buy a RSXS not to try and out race everything with wheels cuz that just won't happen, but to build up your car for the fun of building a car.......not just get rid of it and get a "stock-go fast" car.....what's the fun in that???