Acura  Forums - Acura Enthusiasts Forum

Acura Forums - Acura Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.acuraforums.com/forum/)
-   RSX (https://www.acuraforums.com/forum/rsx-18/)
-   -   best upgrades for a base model rsx (https://www.acuraforums.com/forum/rsx-18/best-upgrades-base-model-rsx-727/)

rsx_1 11-28-2006 05:19 PM

i have a 2003 rsx base model and i know its not as fast as a type s but all i am looking for is to give it some power. its automatic not stick, but i was thinking to put in a turbo, cold air, and a uni chip. would that be a good upgrade? or what should i do? Edited by: rsx_1

SloptownRat 12-04-2006 10:11 AM

dont put in a turbo because it wont be as fun as a manual. i recomend a cold air intake, header,full exhaust.

keep it as stock as possible but make it sound bada$$

shrtnsweet504 12-13-2006 01:08 AM

yeahh i plan on gettin a rsx reall soon but prob not type s...not sure wat year yet. i wanna do SMALL changes to it...not too much. any ideas on wats best to do??

teg'00 01-02-2007 05:10 PM

my advice... dont mess with the exhaust if its not a manual...

a manual sounds different than an automatic, especially with a huge exaust on it..

please dont put any wierd mufflers to it.. you'll be laughed at..

I have an automatic as well, unfortunately.. so all ive been doing is keeping it real nice and shiny, flawless. Its a 2000 integ. with almost 31000 miles...the thing islike new

im just gonna keep it till i get the money to buy something automatic.

i would advise upgrades like cold air intake(manifold), exhaust manifold, and turbos, only on autos...

also. remeber when you add a super or turbo, you split the life of your engine almost in half!!

shrtnsweet504 01-02-2007 05:28 PM

so wait...

do or dont put cold air intake on automatics?? cuz in the beginning u said dont and in the endu said do...???

also-if anyone knowss anyone selling a 02-03 rsx (auto) pleasee lemme kno b/c im having a hard time finding one.

teg'00 01-09-2007 05:43 PM

Wow, sorry about that last post man.. horrible writing.. i must have been in a rush..

anyway.. to clear things up i would advise you to not put any upgrades like intakes or exhuasts in your automatic. The only reason i say this is becuase no matter what you do to it, it will never be as fast, or sound as good as a manual transmission might..

and right in the middle of my post when i said

"im just gonna keep it till i get the money to buy something automatic."

I meant to say that i would sell my automatic, save money, and then buy a manual. possibly that rumoured new RSX that is supposedly coming out in '09? not sure of that..

anyway, i would say save your money... a car is a depreciating asset, and when you put a ton of money into it like you would with new manifolds etc, you will barely if ever, see it come back when you sell it.

Save and buy a manual. Then upgrade all you want.

by the way, if you can find out anything about the new RSX idea/concept/rumour... definitely post... ive been dying to see what the new frame looks like...