Acura  Forums - Acura Enthusiasts Forum

Acura Forums - Acura Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.acuraforums.com/forum/)
-   RL (https://www.acuraforums.com/forum/rl-15/)
-   -   Rick Case Dealerships (https://www.acuraforums.com/forum/rl-15/rick-case-dealerships-2337/)

LarryWineGuy 04-15-2008 11:31 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
&lt;FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=#0000ff size=3&gt;Acuras/Hondas Great Cars I Used To Sell Them. I have owned S-2000's TL's etc......This Is A WARNING POST To All Perspective Honda Or Acura Buyers In Florida, Georgia, Ohio.... An Astonishing Website I Created With A YOU TUBE VIDEO...that may make you think twice or 3 times before ever purchasing or leasing a vehicle from A RICK AND RITA CASE OWNED DEALERSHIP Here is The Link................</font>

www.rickcasesucks.weebly.com</font>

</font>

This is a one of kind story or maybe not....let me know</font>

</font>

</font>
&lt; =text/&gt;
_uacct = "UA-939292-41";
urchinTracker();
&lt;/&gt;
Edited by: WheelBrokerAng

acuralegend 04-16-2008 06:38 PM

man that sucks.

but as a tech and a service write my self i do have to add 1 little thing.

even if a car runs out of coolant or oil or gas the operator gets a warning from the guages/driver information center.

it is up to the drive of that vehicle to respond to them correctly.

if the low coolant light comes on and your engine temp rises and you keep driving.then its your fault the engine destroyed its self.

if that check engine light comes on and you dont check it and instead deside to drive to the next off ramp your the one at fault if the engine fails.

if your low fuel light comes on and you choose to drive the rest of the way to work. and you run out of gas who should buy the tow bill?

BUT NOT test driving a car after a huge repair has been made is poor business practice and make all techs look like rip offs.

and not replacing a thermostat after a massive coolant system repair is a sign of a 11year old working on the car.

i understand your upset over this and it sucks that acura has a defect that can lead to this.

i wish you the best of luck in resolving this.

btw. i cant spell worth a crap

LarryWineGuy 04-18-2008 10:41 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
Acura Legend,

I Appreciate your comment that you are a tech. Believe me I am aware about engine coolant warning lights etc etc. The only warning light that came on after I had just filled the car up with fuel was the ENGINE MALFUNCTION LIGHT. I pulled over to the side of the road, looked up the warning light in the manual the temp was perfect and the manual as well as Acura Roadside Assistance informed me that the light 99% indicates that your fuel cap was not tightened correctly and I got out of the car as instructed and tightened it till I heard a few clicks. The manual also stated that the Malfunction light after tightening the fuel cap would not shut off till after a few days of normal driving. At no time did a low coolant light come on. I did notice that the Car was not accelerating or shifting gears correctly.. but again..did not notice any rise in temperature etc. Until I exited the highway did the car stall out and the temp guage rise from in between hot and cold to wayyyyyy hot and that's when the car filled up with horrible smoke and I started to choke furiously and called Roadside assistance. I did give Acura the chance to replace the engine block and cylinders and all the hoses and guages and gaskets and timing belt etc...however, let me make one thing perfectly clear...I was not trying to beat a car payment. I have leased hondas and Acuras for 6 years now. I am not in financial woes or anything like that. But after 6 weeks and all the work they did on that car for it to still be sputtering and rpms fluctuating..No Engine lights no overheating but not running smoothly is wrong. When I mentioned to the Service Manager..the idea of making the payoff and selling it on the car as A Certified Acura Used car they said no way which is what prompted me to drive over to Car Max. They appraised it at $21,000 $3,000 less than dealer payoff of $24,000. That offer is only valid for 7 days then all bets off. I knew the car wasn't running right..and I know once the info made it on to CAR FACTS...I would be stuck with this car for the rest of it's life cause no one would believe that an entire engine and components were replaced at 30,000 miles and the car wasn't in a Harsh Accident. The next day I had no choice because the car stalled out again..no overheating and engine malfunction light on again. I almost lost my job cause boss didn't believe I was once again at Rick Case Acura. They said problem was Thermostat control and checked car, test drove it and on my way and once again the car was sputtering and RPMS Fluctuating and My 7 day Offer from Car Max was expiriing in 4 days. I think after 3 attempts to fix a problem that either Rick Case Caused or From an Acura Defect..and the aggravation and stress a Billionaire Businessman should have just made the dealer payoff just like Car Max at $24,000 and let me out of the lease or at least make some kind of financial compromise for the $3,000 differential between dealer payoff and appraisal. Retail Used Car Value on a 2006 Acura TL with 30,000 miles is $29,000 according to The Blue Book and Edmunds so Mr. Case should have done the right thing instead of forcing me to do what I am doing here with my website, small claims court and telling my story to whoever will listen. Ask anyone that knows him or check out this website rick-case-honda.pissedconsumer.com

Apparently I am not the only one that has issues with this Man and his dealerships and their are 20 other forums about this Man's Dealerships just like mine in Ohio, Georgia and Florida...it's just not me!!! I will take this to the grave to get back that $3000 even if it cost me more than that.....it's the moral issue here and the lack of concern from Mr Case
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-41";
urchinTracker();
</>

acuralegend 04-20-2008 04:18 AM

WOW.

ya it sucks when a dealership figures your just a number and that they can just run you/ us over like that.

any other business where your promiced product was that bad would get you. fired and put out of busness.

the other thing.

it is to my best knowledge that all this dealership had to do was warrantee it and the tab would have been picked up by acura HQ.

maybe there double dipping. bill acura and you for the job then supply you with bogus repairs. (who knows)

well in most cases you treat 1 customer very well and maybe MAYBE he will tell a friend.

but treat them badly and they WILL tell 10.

i wish you the best of luck. it sounds like you have a strong case with roadside telling you to go ahead and drive it.

let us know how it goes.

WheelBrokerAng 07-07-2008 12:18 PM

We have Rick Case dealerships here in Ohio..I would surely remember all this if I was going to go look at a car that they had...

WheelBrokerAng [img]smileys/smiley16.gif[/img]

zacknolden 07-16-2008 07:36 PM

Whoops! The link doesn't breathe anymore, it's dead. Anyways, It kinda makes me depressed if some establishment had fooled me. It suck bigtime. There's always a conflict from dealership specially warranties.