RL Acura's 300HP All Wheel Drive luxury sedan...

1997 Acura RL 3.5 Navigation System

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 01:22 PM

hi everyone,

i have 97 Acura RL 3.5 V6. I bought it from one of my friend. It has the navigation system (anti theft) whatever is it, but its locked. It ask for PIN #. i already tried different pin code but didint work for me. i got those code from acura delaership. i really want to unlock it. is there any otherway around????
any ideas??
i would really appericiat that.

Thanks,
Bilal
bilalhussainmeer@gmail.com

Old 03-05-2009, 01:39 PM

you might have to take the head unit out then give acura the numbers off the back if not take it in to acura and they can get it for you.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:21 PM

thnx l3gdkang/jdm-ka

I have got all the information from the unit (in trunk). its by alpine electronics.
P/N: 39540-SZ3-A810-M1
REF NO: BN1366A 0
SERIAL NO: B60610507 A

i went to acura dealership other day. the pulled up the code for anti theft system by the vin number of my car but it didnt work for me. then they called to the actual dealer who sold this car as new, but the didnt have any information because the car never been there so they deleted all the infromation. then they guy looked up with the serial number of the navi he got a different number but still didnt work at all.. i have no idea what to do with this. this is impossible that theres no solution for that.

-BILAL

Old 03-05-2009, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by bilalhussain
thnx l3gdkang/jdm-ka

I have got all the information from the unit (in trunk). its by alpine electronics.
REF NO: BN1366A 0
SERIAL NO: B60610507 A

i went to acura dealership other day. the pulled up the code for anti theft system by the vin number of my car but it didnt work for me. then they called to the actual dealer who sold this car as new, but the didnt have any information because the car never been there so they deleted all the infromation. then they guy looked up with the serial number of the navi he got a different number but still didnt work at all.. i have no idea what to do with this. this is impossible that theres no solution for that.

-BILAL

you might have a differnt unit then what came with the car so your best bet would be to have the dealship do it for you. they shouldnt charge much.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:28 PM

well now i guess i need to pull out the unit from the trunk and see what is that. i got all the which was written on outside of the unit, but its possibility that it is different from inside??? that the last thing dealer guy told me ...

Old 03-05-2009, 06:30 PM

well now i guess i need to pull out the unit from the trunk and see what is that. i got all the which was written on outside of the unit, but its possibility that it is different from inside??? that the last thing dealer guy told me ...

keep me posted and im trying to dig up somthing on my end for you.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:32 PM

sure i will..

Thanks L3GDKANG/JDM-KA
</span>

Old 03-05-2009, 07:42 PM

sure i will..

Thanks L3GDKANG/JDM-KA

It's no problem. try calling acura of agusta in GA but im still gonna try to get more info for you.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:44 AM

i got this so far for youi hope it works but im still digging.

What year of RL is? The serial number of LCD screen is nothing but the number on the trunk head unit is the one you need. For 96-03 RLs, it consists of an alphabet "B" with eight numbers, i.e., B12345678. For 04 RLs, it starts with "GLB" and eight numbers, i.e, GLB12345678. Call any Acura dealer in the United States and give them the serial number and then you will get the right 4 digit code.<BR itxtvisited="1"><BR itxtvisited="1">You may also find a serial number sticker if you look around at door hinges, trunk lid hinge, glove box, behind ashey tray, center console, owner's manual, etcEdited by: L3GDKANG/JDM-KA

Old 03-06-2009, 11:51 AM

i have the following information of my 1997 Acura RL 'Premium Package'

REF #: BN1366A 0
SERIAL #: B60610507 A

i got this info from the unit in the trunk. i went to the dealer other day, i gave him the information he found 4 digit code for me but it didnt work. when i put the code it says 'invalid pin.
Then we called the dealer who sold the car as new but they didnt have any information at all.

its a mystery. now its become a challenge for me to unlock this navi system.

-Bilal

Quick Reply: 1997 Acura RL 3.5 Navigation System