Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic... just about anything goes...

Can’t we just get along?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 03:38 PM

&lt; src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/&gt; </>This is another one of those topics that seems to pop its ugly head from time to time and makes me wonder why some people don't just get a grip. Again, I don't target any one on this forum 'cause I don't know any one to point fingers at.

I will say that I am guilty of this very thing that I'm going to talk about... Carbrand hatersand lovers. I guess it would depend on what side of the fence you're on with this topic.

It's been 10 years since I've stopped the car brandhatin' and just loved the industry, and their acheivements,as a whole. I love cars, PERIOD! With out this love of carsI wouldn't be whereI am in this industry. I've made some decent money because of it.When I opened my eyes for the first time to this new traine of thought I was in a fierce argument as to what car was better, and the such. You all know the type of argument that comes with the love of a car.I know that some here on this forum may be guilty of that type of argument too. I'm not here to judge, though. I'm just bringing it to light so that you could have a more enlightened view on this. Any way, to keep with story. I was arguing about how Nissan was a better car and he was defending his love of Mazda. There was a third dude in the argument defending his Toyota. Baaad (sheep sound effect here)words were exchanged and it almost came to fists and a challenge to street race. Now,weeks before this argument occured I had a very good friend that died in a street race and inthis debateis where I opened my eyes. Thoughts are fast and a million things went through my head as these other two verbally attacked each other.

I came to a conclusion, with the thought of my dead friend, and said, out loud, "who cares! Why does it matter what car is better? Mine has 200k as well as yours and many other Japanese cars these days. And all japanese cars are getting better and better. They will dominate the industry and we'll benefit from it... So again I ask, who cares?( Mind you that this was said by me 10 or so years ago)

In short, as time went by my comment became trueth and the big three of the Japanese industry dominate the scene. Of course, I can't forget Subaru and Mitsubishi. You got to give respect where respect is due. They have come a long way also!We have a good variety of cars in the JDM scene to choose from that all have, in essense, very good quality and looks. Which car is better...? I say, the one that fits you.

Gotta love the industry as it stands today. Where else can you get a car from Japan with the slew of aftermarket goodies that are made for them. That's why I love cars and not one particular brand. &lt; =text/&gt; _uacct = "UA-939292-41"; urchinTracker(); </>
< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-41";
urchinTracker();
</>Edited by: blackmonkey

Old 05-20-2008, 07:32 AM

nod.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:31 AM

you couldn't have said it better... the best thing to do is just sit back, relax, and appreciate what the industry has to dish out..[img]smileys/smiley11.gif[/img]