New Member Area New to Acura Forum? Stop in tell us about you...

New here, considering an Acura purchase

Old 01-02-2009, 05:30 PM

Hello.

I am thinking of buying a used Acura - and looking to learn about the brand (I really know very little about it), and for advice.

I thought I read somewhere recently (online), that perhaps it's best to avoid a certain Acura model, but I don't recall where I read it, or which model. I seem to recall it being either an `05 or `06 and the letter "R" - but that's all I recall.

Does anyone here know anything about this please?

Also, with all due respect (and I can hear the sarcasm already, but in any event ...), why would one not consider a Honda as opposed to an Acura? Is it basically a matter of luxury-type features/options, or are there some real "hard differences" in transmissions, engines, suspensions, etc.?

Thanks in advance - and I'm looking forward to some education here!

Edited by: grc123

Old 01-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Administrator :

Welcome to the forums..you really buy what you like...many members have both hondas and like them both the same... [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

WheelBrokerAng

Old 01-09-2009, 10:59 AM

I have both Hondas and Acuras i love them both but i do feel a luxury and performance both tend to favor the Acura's

the best part is resale in the future acuras TEND to hold value better

as far as modles to avoid.the 91-95 legends and vigors are more expensive to maintain than any of the others.

but with regular maintence these vehicle can hit 500,000 miles cheeper than any other in the world.

good luck on your search.if you find a perticular model your thinking about pop back over here and ask more questions.

i service honda's and acuras alike at my shop and deal with a lot of vehicle quirks.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by acuralegend

the best part is resale in the future acuras TEND to hold value better

as far as modles to avoid.the 91-95 legends and vigors are more expensive to maintain than any of the others.

but with regular maintence these vehicle can hit 500,000 miles cheeper than any other in the world.

Thank you very much - great info! I'm particularly intrigued by these three comments.

1. I really LOVE vehicles that TEND to hold its value!

2. I really wouldn't be looking for anything much older than say an `04 or `05 - unless it had been strictly garage kept, with fairly low-mileage, and of course - at a reasonable.

3. And, generally-speaking: regular maintenance, half-a-million miles, and comparatively 'IN-expensive' to get there? What's not to like about that?!

Thanks again,
Glenn ...

Edited by: grc123