94 legend starting problems - Acura Forums - Acura Enthusiasts Forum

Old 10-02-2012, 08:45 PM

Default 94 legend starting problems

Hi, I have a 94 legend. 190,000 miles. It was given to me as a gift. I was told it would need a catalytic converter. I've had it for a month and in that time, 4 times total, it wouldn't start. I would wait a few minutes, try and it started. Ran fine. This last time, it was raining out, it wouldn't start for hours. Tried it one last time and it started up. Rpms fluctuated big time. Smell of rotten eggs was terrible. It finally stalled and wouldn't run. Waited another hour and got it running. I decided to go to the store. Rattling noise under car, near mid front. Step on gas and Rpms drop to 500, almost stall, the power kicks in. Car ran fine when moving. Shifted fine. Rpms continued to drop and almost stall, at every stop. Once car was warmed up, all problems stopped. Only small amount of rattling under car, not constantly only when hitting 2,000 Rpms. Please help I'm stuck. Full tuneup recent. Thanks everyone. I officially love Acura.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Administrator :

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hawk View Post
Hi, I have a 94 legend. 190,000 miles. It was given to me as a gift. I was told it would need a catalytic converter. I've had it for a month and in that time, 4 times total, it wouldn't start. I would wait a few minutes, try and it started. Ran fine. This last time, it was raining out, it wouldn't start for hours. Tried it one last time and it started up. Rpms fluctuated big time. Smell of rotten eggs was terrible. It finally stalled and wouldn't run. Waited another hour and got it running. I decided to go to the store. Rattling noise under car, near mid front. Step on gas and Rpms drop to 500, almost stall, the power kicks in. Car ran fine when moving. Shifted fine. Rpms continued to drop and almost stall, at every stop. Once car was warmed up, all problems stopped. Only small amount of rattling under car, not constantly only when hitting 2,000 Rpms. Please help I'm stuck. Full tuneup recent. Thanks everyone. I officially love Acura.
|So did you replace the Cat and the Oxygen sensor.?
Attached Thumbnails
94 legend starting problems-553421_411840522185604_114286718_n.jpg