Legend This long running platform offered buyers both a coupe and sedan with a combination of luxury and performance...

'92 Legend LS

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 04:34 PM
Question '92 Legend LS

Greetings,

New member here.

We have just purchased a (mfg 11-91) 1992 Legend LS that was stolen, involved in a high speed chase, and recovered. The owner had already got another car, so we bought this one.
It has a few needs, I have a few questions.
Not sure how the Mods feel about it, but I'll post all my issues in this one thread.

1- speedometer jumps wildly and sometimes doesn't work at all. A speed sensor issue? $149 at autozone. Any place cheaper? (a site sponsor perhaps?) I'm still getting used to the cost of Acura parts. (the speed sensor for my Caravan was $25)

2- D4 flashes after a mile or so of driving. Is this a result of the speed sensor malfunction?

3- How hard is it to replace the timing belt? I've replaced them on the Accords and such, where does the Legend rank on the 1 easy to 10 hard scale?

4- Should I leave the 17" wheels on it, or trade them for stock wheels. A reminder, this will be wife's car, and she ain't no speed demon. Will the ride be that much better with stock 15's?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge,
PinCup

Old 03-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Can't help you with the speed sensor, but the original wheels will be a lot more resistant to pothole damage due to more tire sidewall "cushion". If she doesn't care about the looks, why not go for better ride and less chance of her blowing a tire and having to call AAA?

Old 04-06-2012, 01:23 AM
Administrator :

I agree with Aruca Salt on his post above me..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 09-25-2012, 04:22 PM

Hey.
I ride on 17" also rode with stock... they still ride smooth ^^ preference i guess though

Old 10-31-2012, 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by PinCup
Greetings,

1- speedometer jumps wildly and sometimes doesn't work at all. A speed sensor issue? $149 at autozone. Any place cheaper? (a site sponsor perhaps?) I'm still getting used to the cost of Acura parts. (the speed sensor for my Caravan was $25)

2- D4 flashes after a mile or so of driving. Is this a result of the speed sensor malfunction?

3- How hard is it to replace the timing belt? I've replaced them on the Accords and such, where does the Legend rank on the 1 easy to 10 hard scale?

4- Should I leave the 17" wheels on it, or trade them for stock wheels. A reminder, this will be wife's car, and she ain't no speed demon. Will the ride be that much better with stock 15's?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge,
PinCup
1. Definitely VSS. You can get a repair kit at AcuraOEMParts.com for around 80$. Best price I've seen.

2. Yes, this is caused by a malfunctioning VSS

3. It's actually pretty easy. The engine is mounted transversely like a rear wheel drive car, so the timing belt is very accessible. I've found it much easier than accords because of how easy it is to get to. There's a good DIY on acuralegend.org

4. I would go with the factory wheels and tires, but thats just me.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:31 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Hey welcome to the forum. I hope that you would be having great time here.