Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

Someone Help 94 ls problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 10:05 PM

I was on my way to tweeter to get a new system and i was going about 40 and my car completely shut off, i pulled over to the side put it in park and tryed to start it, Nothing. It sounds like it wants to turn over like just about to get it but just nothing, i tested to see if it was the alternater or battery and im pretty sure its not that, please any help would be appreated.

Its awaiting to go into the shop, but since its labor day tomorrow there closed so if its a simple fix then i dont want to have to spend the money for them to figure it out when someone on here might be able to help Thanks Again

P.S Interior Speakers were Replace so maybe when they were put in something could have gotten disconecked, This is my first integra so anyone suggestions would help

Thanks Again Guys

Old 09-02-2007, 10:27 PM

i was reading a few threads, could this be the Main Buss Relay and if it is how much do they run for

Old 09-03-2007, 08:01 AM

no im not totally convinced that this is a $60 main buss relay issue.

i need to know if when you say totally shut off did it also turn off your guages, and raido as well?

if the main buss dropped out it would have acted like the engine was turned off or like it ran out of gas.

and in most cases a main buss will come back to life after it has cooled down a bit

ignitions switches can go bad on these as well.

give wiggling the keys a bit and see if something changes.

then its back to the basics

check to see if you have gas

check all your fuses

dance neked witha dead chicken. (the car gods like that)

do you have spark when trying to start

does your ecm's LED light up when the car is first turned on

Old 09-03-2007, 10:48 AM

EDIT: When it shut off when i was driving, not guages and all that lights everything still on it was like the car ran outta gas, rpm's just droped all the way down engine was completely off everything else was find i was still listin to my radio, all the light were working on the guages as well

Well im going there right now. I was at my car yesterday and yes it seems like it had no gas but it does, has half a tank, we checked all fuses, the car cranks just doesn't turn over like theres not gas getting to it, sounds like what a lawn mower does when it has no gas ju8st keeps cranking but doesn't start...

And what do you mean by wiggling the keys, as in put it into the ignition and wiggle them lolEdited by: Dane023

Old 09-03-2007, 08:25 PM

how many miles on vehicle. has t.b. been replaced on it?

Old 09-04-2007, 08:48 PM

my car has about 120,000 miles on it.... Im not sure what t.b. is but i just got it so im not sure if the owner beforereplaced it

Old 09-04-2007, 10:50 PM

t.b. would be timing belt.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:57 PM

Oh well i got the main relay in today and im going to try it in my car in a little once i get a ride to the shop, i really appreciate everyones help though, i have one other question though

If my car sits for about 5-more hours when i start it up it revs upto 2000rpm and then spikes from 1500 to 2000 rpms like im reving the car up, it i turn the AC on it stops revin but still idels at 1500 and slowy goes down if the AC is on, also if i put it in drive and drive it for about 10 minutes ill put it into park and it will be ideling at about 500-600 which is normal i think, people said it could be the timing belt but some alos said it could be some air assiste(SP?) control thing

Old 09-05-2007, 08:02 PM

just got back from the shop about 3 hours ago and it was not the main relay because i just installed a new one and it did nothin, looks like its going in the shop, thanks everyone for your help though

Old 09-05-2007, 08:59 PM

it could possibly be the timing belt, they can go with no warning, and once it breaks, vehicle is not moving.

Quick Reply: Someone Help 94 ls problem