Acura  Forums - Acura Enthusiasts Forum

Acura Forums - Acura Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.acuraforums.com/forum/)
-   Integra (https://www.acuraforums.com/forum/integra-22/)
-   -   obdII codes p0700, p1783 (https://www.acuraforums.com/forum/integra-22/obdii-codes-p0700-p1783-3259/)

ndehelian 02-15-2009 12:37 AM

1996 acura Integra 2.0 auto trans

Symptoms: rpms jump periodically, erractic idle,engine is now overheating. there is no leak, water pump appears fine, seems to be a direct result and related to the rpms malfunctioning. rpms jump to 1500 and 2500 and drop back down to 1,000 idles finefor a while and repeats the issue

I have had this problem for the past week and I have changed the plugs and replaced the radiator cap

drove it 2 days for 100 miles each day no problem then all of the sudden today after a local run seemed fine then went out tonight and presto overheating after 25 minutes run..ruining my special dinner of course!! And the check engine comes on producing these codes p0700 and p1783 both relating the the transmission @@

I want suggestions this is what I am finding that may cause it but I am difinately open to any suggestions from people who have dealt with this issue...

Gonna start to morrow with burping the radiator but I highly doubt that is the issue..

FITV = fast-idle thermo valve

Idle Air Control Valve

vacuum

auxilary air valve (air bypass valve)

any other suggestions or where on this list you would start

acuralegend 02-16-2009 11:49 AM

first step...coolant system pressure test and coolant level.
if your coolant is low it will idle just like what you said.

p0700 is a transmission fault code.with no support from alldata on this issue.

p1783 also is not supported by alldata.hmmm

the only way i have had a transmission over heat a engine is due to overreving due to slippage.

second step. have a combustable leak test performed.
that will tell us if your head gasket is leaking.

ndehelian 02-18-2009 12:50 PM

I suspected that was the problem but not due to slippage. My son is slightly flighty and I honestly believe that he was driving it in low gearat high speeds which I know would stress the engine and the transmission.

I do thank you for this input as I had thought the car was over worked which caused the radiator to boil over and evaporate and when that ran dry enough pulled those codes on the tranny..

I have recapped theradiator and test driven it about 50 miles and it ran perfectly fine the whole time. I have asked him to make certain the car is in the right gear .. He is slightly arrogant and does not like to be corrected, so I don't know how to communcate that he needs to pay attention. this is his girlfriends car and he may well ruin it completely if he does not pay more attention.

Any parenting suggestions on a single white female with no male role model to follow? In other words how to i tell someone who is always right not to do something wrong.. aside from wait until the car needs an engine and I can say I told you so...LOl

seriously all kidding aside i need a male input on this one.. :)Edited by: ndehelian