Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

Help please car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 03:47 PM

i have a 91 integra an i left it in the drive way while i saved up for upgrades an mods. it ran great befor i left it out an not even starting it up once a week. but now i start tried to start it up an it wont turn over or even make a sound when i turn the key. someone told me it maybe the starter but i dont know what to do to get it running again

Old 06-17-2006, 12:37 AM

Iwould make sure the battery is charged.

Old 06-17-2006, 02:51 PM

well i just got a new batterie an all the lights an horn also the radio works. i also hit the starter with a hammer a few times an still wont start. when i turn the key i hear nothing the engine does turn over or make the Rrrrr sound. If any one could help me please.

Old 06-24-2006, 02:08 PM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
Have you followed all the electrical lines from battery to the starter? If you are not getting a click or anything from the starter you don't have any power gettin to it. Also try a good battery charger on its jump settings (highest amps). This will get voltage through any connections going bad. Good luck

Old 07-01-2006, 06:57 PM

mkae sure your battery is charged and check to see if your engine light is staying on when you close the hood. that happened to my friends car and it died.

Old 08-26-2006, 12:36 AM

hey is ur car, 5spd, if so u might want to check and see if ur neutral safety switch works or is being engaged, there is two of them an upper and lower, or the rubber stopper that presses them down when u engage the clutch might have worn out. to see if its the switchs its best to get ur car diagnost tested. i had the same problem, i had to push start it, by popin the clutch, i replaced my compontents on the car, relays, starter..etc. the test costs bout 85 to 50 bucks at local shops. but is will save u time money and a head ache.

Old 08-27-2006, 06:56 PM

hey what does it sound like when that saftey switch is bad? cuz i got a 95 and everytime i turn the key it'll click once, but only if its been sitting for a while. so im not sure if the starter is going bad, or its the battery cables or that saftey switch.

Old 08-28-2006, 05:21 PM

well first off get down there where ur clutch pedal is and look to see if u can see the safety switchs the lower one should be easy to spot, check to see if the stop on the clutch pedal is still there to engage the swtich, if there is a hole and the button on the switch goes through that then find something to place over that hole ( epoxy a penny, it works well). do the same for the upper switch as well, its slightly harder to reach up and check but it is possible. If u have both stoppers on the clutch pedal and they are engageing the switchs and it wont start then u probaly have a burned out safety switch, i recommed having ur car diagonst tested at a shop if it still wont start it will save u money rather then buy each part u think is broke. try push startin ur car, pop the clutch, so u can take it to a shop. the clickin sound u here is normal, thats wut mine did, it doesnt mean ne thing is broke, just that the safety switchs are probaly not engageing.

Old 09-06-2006, 11:15 PM

My 93 civic did the same thing it didnt make even a click when i tried to turn it over. when i pulled the starter off all the brushes inside were in pieces. It will happen when you leave it sitting up. check that out.Edited by: fvanepps

Old 09-07-2006, 12:40 AM

yeah i dont know, it hasnt even been doing it that bad lately, but it might start when winter comes, i dont know if it would be the wires to the starter, wouldnt it click like a lot when you hold it over rather than just once?

Quick Reply: Help please car wont start