Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

GOT TAXES BACK & WANT PERFORMANCE! HELP?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 10:52 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
Hi, I just bought a 1991 Acura Integra and I'm sort of confused. It's the B18A1 (right?). I traded slip for slip to a guy on craigslist for my 94 Honda Accord. I wanted a manual transmission (there's nothing like it). Anyway, I was confused because I thought you only got leather seats if it was the GSR... is this correct? I haven't gotten the title back from the state yet and I forgot to look on it. I'm very happy with it. It's got 17" Eibach Rims on it (205-45-17). And I also cut off my old muffler from the Accord and had it welded on the Integra. Has anyone else gone from an Accord to an Integra? How do you like the switch? Is there anything that goes wrong on these vehicles frequently that I should know about? Since I've had the car (about 5 days) twice when I've gone to start it, it will rev up from the startand then when the tach falls to an idle it will just keep falling and die. What I'd like to do, is get spark plugs and other tune up things for it.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Could anyone please help me find a FULL turbo kit for this car. I've got about 1600 from taxes that I'd like to put into the performance part of the car. I've found a few turbo kits on some sites, but I'm not sure what a turbo kit really involves. What does a FULL turbo kit include? Is there such thing as a self contained turbo so I don't have to run oil and oil return lines? If someone with the knowledge of a turbo kit could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks alot everyone, and I'm new to this site and already like it. Thanks!!!
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-41";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 02-26-2008, 09:30 AM

yes its a b18a1, no its not a gsr, they started at 92, and they didnt i dont believe db2s had leather seats, or at least not black ones.

and as far as the turbo, dont buy one if you dont know anything about them, you just gonna waste your money and an engine. but if you really wanna know what you need, turbo, manifold, wastegate, downpipe, blow off valve, fuel management, injectors, yes oil feed and return lines (welded onto the oil pan), and plenty of other parts, suchs as turbo timers (if you dont want to sit in your carfor a while before you turn it off) and colder spark plugs. but most of all you need a good tune, something like crome, hondata, neptune, something on a chipped ecu.
</>

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-41";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 02-27-2008, 12:34 AM

thanks for the help
</>

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-41";