Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

98 Type-R Vtec Controller HELP!

Old 01-22-2008, 04:16 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
I would really appreciate it if anyone knowledgeable on this subject could reply. I have a 98 Type-R Integra. It has a Jackson Racing Supercharger on it. I recently purchased a Boost Timing Controller and upped the boost about 2 psi. It was an upgrade kit directly from Jackson Racing that included the Boost Timing Controller, Crankshaft Pulley, Thermostat and some new idler pulleys. I installed this and believe it is working, the boost gauge is showing the increased boost. When I did all of this, I also installed a BuddyClub Vtec controller. The problem I am running into is, when the vtec is set to kick in at 5000 rpm, at approximately 6000 rpm the car boggs and cuts out. When I was installing the BTC and the Vtec Controller, they both had to be connected to the CKP wire from the ECU. Now for the vtec controller to work properly, the wire from the ECU to the CKP had to be cut to allow the controller to run through it. Now the BTC also had to be "spliced" into this same CKP wire. I dont know if this is what is causing the problem, but I wasnt sure if the BTC was supposed to be spliced into the wire coming out of the ECUto the CKP before the vtec controller or the wire going to the CKP. I am probably overthinking this and confusing everyone but I am really at a loss here. Any type of help would be greatly appreciated.
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-41";
urchinTracker();
</>