General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

88 Integra question (just purchased)

Old 06-23-2006, 02:38 PM

I've never owned an acura before in my life (and I'm only 21 so hey there's possibility to learn something here)

I was hoping someone to give me some insight on roughly where to go, and what it might cost approximately in parts to get some stuff fixed on this car.

Suspension seems to be shot - you have to take bumps or dips under 10 MPH otherwise the front end either bottoms out, or if it's just a dip and you're moving quick on a Cali freeway, the wheels hit the top of the fenders. Should I look for new? or check junk yards? I don't have money to be putting into this thing although it's only got 115K on it.

Every yellow turn signal, or side marker light has yellow tape on it. I was thinking I should just get replacements for the back, because only one of them has a chunk broke out of it.But the front ones.... well The front fender on the left is held on with a wire, it was in a little hit and run - so I was thinking I would get a used front end fender from a junk yard or something? What do you think?

The car zips around great, tight steering, plenty of power (considering it's a 4 cyl.) - I think I got a good bang for my $850. lol

Let me know what you guys recommend - and what types of places I should call for what. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Old 06-26-2006, 07:41 AM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
Start looking around online catalogs for lights. You have bought an off model for tegs but should be able to find a few parts. Your car falls in the 87-89 group. Don't try to buy parts for a 90 or better as they won't fit anything on your car. Start calling around to junk yards as they will sometimes have a front clip on an older car like yours. Even better find some of these used parts joints online as they usually sell the mechanicals and then are stuck with the body panels and lights. And never get negative about a 4cyl. as that is what drives a lot of us to work on these money suckers.

Old 09-17-2006, 04:18 PM

I have a 88 legend that was lowered so hard that the oil pan was dented to the point that the pickup tube was restricted.

so i built a adjustable spring mount for the shocks to rase the car back up.

if its too low then the springs are worn out or have been cut.

NAPA sells springs new around 125 a axle...

DO NOT remove your old spring with out proper safty training and
equipment...I have seen a broken hand due to a spring "popping out"of
its place.

P.S. cut springs are stiffer and stiffer means better handling (at the
cost of comfort) but you have to bring the car back up some how

Old 09-26-2006, 12:29 PM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
You have to be decently mechanically inclined in order to built your own adjustable mount, so my suggestion would be taller/stiffer springs. Go online or get a mag and find a distributor who makes coilover sets for your model line. Then just order the springs, and not the struts. This should run you about $250-300 for the parts and another 200 for install. Smacking the ground is bad but thats probably what the last guy wanted or at least close to it. As for the crack about 4 cyl.mods you need to reada little on the site before you start downtalking peoples hopes and dreams.

BTW I purchased a full set of adjustable coilovers for a 90 teg and installed total was around 1600 for a great set. Can get the name if you need it. As for the corner markers, get looking. Someone has to have them online or a junk yard at worst.