CL The Mid-Sized coupe that offered buyers the feel of a compact coupe with the interior to comfortably seat 4...

removing ignition key from other than par

Old 05-06-2006, 10:02 PM

I went to park my 2001 cl type s yesterday.It might have been in neutral or reverse.Not really sure which one.Turns out with the car off I am able to remove the key in all four modes (drive, reverse, neutral and park, with the last one being the only correct one)(with or without my foot being on the break) got out of my car, heard a scream, turned around to see my car rolling into a row of cars. Tried to get to get to my remote to open my door and hit the brake. Managed to get the door open but it was too late. The car hit some other car. My cars bumper got scratched but unfortunately the car it hit had more series damage, $800++. Has anybody ever heard of this. Am I wrong or are you only supposed to be able to remove the key in park only not in other gears. By the way tranny was changed at 48k under warranty. Probably my guess is that they did not connect some sort of interlock. I will try to get Acura to pay for the damage.