Canada, Over Seas & Elsewhere Not from the states...? Everywhere else post here...

Cr encyclopedia with Acura page

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Administrator :
Talking Happy easter to all our members

i'D LIKE TO WISH ALL OF YOU MEMBERS A Happy Easter

Thank all of you for being members in our forums...
Now Eat Turkey and enjoy

WheelBrokerAng..and Family

Attached Images   
Old 06-15-2012, 07:40 PM
Default Cr encyclopedia with Acura page

photo, info, video

What did that mean.?

Old 07-31-2012, 10:14 PM
Question I just bought a 02 acura tl its having tranny problems

the car is great but as soon as i heats up it dies by that i mean wont shift when the car is cold it shifts fine now the car sat for two day still drives fine but no reverse what would happen if i changed the tc or could it be an electrical proble

Old 08-23-2012, 05:12 AM

It's good if you drive this Acura on a smooth road. Change the wheels of the car in between if you hear any noise. Sometimes wheels also causes tranny problems in between.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:44 AM

How is the fluid level in the tranny? That is the first thing to check. How many miles on the car? Has the tranny fluid ever been changed? How about the filter? Those would be the next two suspect areas. After that, you are in for some serious repair work.

Transmission are the one weak area of these cars.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:23 AM

You should check for tranny features if you are buying an Acura car. Thanks for the posting. I will definitely keep these things in mind before buying this car. At least after buying this there will not any risk that you will be encountered with any problem.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:42 AM
Default How many KILOMETERS do you guys get ?

i get about 300-350km MAX ...

everytime i go to the pump I'm like... uhmm i'm gonna try to eco-drive ( never over 3k rpm ) as soon as i start the car i'm like **** that... rev the CAT... AHHHH ****ing annoying i wish i could get 500km out of a tank....

Old 09-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Default Steering column tilt motor

2000 RL 3.5. The steering wheel tilt motor seems to have gone out, but telescopic works. Been told by one Acura mechanic so far that he can't get one, but if he did he has to order the entire steering column at about $2700 not including labor. Does anyone know if there is another way? Getting just the motor? Or where to get a steering column? Or at least a way to force my tilt down until I can fix? It's stuck in the up position. Thnx.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:04 PM
Default Tilt steering

....OK, I think I found that there is not actually a tilt motor, but I did find a tilt and telescopic sensor. Does anyone know if that's all I need? Otherwise it looks like I may have to replace the column assembly. Any help with where to find cheap parts?

Old 09-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Default New member ---I NEED HELP!

I am a new member searching for a solution for my 1994 Acura Vigor w/85k miles, auto trans.

Here's what happened...was driving and all of a sudden, it started to die, like it ran out of gas. I got it started and put fuel in the tank (it was low) and drove it home. Came out an hour later and the car started fine and ran for 15 minutes and died again and I could not get it started and I had to push it home.

So, I bought a fuel filter, replaced it and the car starts fine, also, I pulled apart the main relay & soldered all the tips in it. I took the EGR tube off and made sure it was clear. I even bought a fuel pressure regulator and it still has a huge hesitation over 1500rpm. I sprayed the throttle body w/carb/fuel injection cleaner. The car will start & idle fine, and slowly rev up, but while driving, under load if i go over 1500-1800 rpm, it bogs down & dies. There is no check engine light on. The fuel pressure is good too btw.

I am stumped ...Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-DBJ-

Quick Reply: Cr encyclopedia with Acura page