AF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with Acura Forum? Ask... Have a suggestion to better Acura Forum? Tell us here...

TL Trunk Break Ins

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 11:19 PM

We have had our 2006 TL's trunk broken into twice in the last 9 months when the car was locked and the security system armed. You can not open the TL trunk with a key or without the remote or access from inside.

There was no evidence of tampering with locks, windows broken or items taken from inside the car. Has anyone else experienced this or know how someone could get into the trunk without the remote? This is extremely frustrating!!! [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2008, 09:40 PM

[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img] I feel your pain! I had a customer leave his car with me to fix and there was an attempted break as well. He damaged my garage door, but nothing else, thankfully.

They coud have used a fequency modulator to zero in on your systems signal frequency. Just like they do for garage door openers. My garage is on a rotating signal that changes every time I use the remote and I can physically change it month to month at the motor with a flick of some switches. I'm not too familiar with the way Acura and Honda set up the PCM to the locking module so please forgive my ignorance. Iknow that the electronicsis also completely different from each other.It was just a thought, dumb as it is. I do feel anger for the attempted break in, though. Sorry.

Edited by: blackmonkey