If you are experiencing power steering that seems to go out for a second during slow turns, stiff steering in cold weather or while turning at low speeds, or a a squealing sound while turning, particularly at tight corners or while driving slowly, then your power steering pump may be on its way out. Don't wait for it to take a dive on you though- be proactive and replace the power steering pump on your Vigor before catastrophe strikes!
1994 Acura Vigor Power Steering Pump diagram
1) Place a suitable drain pan under the vehicle, then disconnect the power steering hoses from the pump to drain the fluid.
2) Remove the belt by loosening the pump adjusting bolts and mounting bolts.
3) On the 3.5RL, Legend or Vigor, remove the air cleaner cover and air intake duct.
4) Cover the alternator (Integra, 2.2CL & 2.3CL) or the crankshaft pulley (3.0CL & 3.2TL) with some rags to protect it from any spilled power steering fluid.
5) Disconnect and plug the inlet and outlet hoses from the pump.
6) Unfasten the pump mounting bolt(s), then remove the pump from the vehicle.
Do not turn the steering wheel with the pump removed.
7) Cover the opening of the pump with a piece of tape to prevent any foreign material from entering the pump.
8) If you are replacing the pump and need to transfer the pulley, hold the steering pump in a suitable soft-jawed vise, hold the pulley with a suitable universal pulley holding tool, then remove the pulley nut and pulley.
9) Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Bleed the power steering system.