TSX Acura's compact sedan offering performance comparable to any car in the class combined with the luxurious interior...

How-To: Replace the Cabin Air Filter on a '04 TSX

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Going To Be A Moderator Soon !
Default How-To: Replace the Cabin Air Filter on a '04 TSX

Hello guys and gals!

I just wanted to add my own procedure on tackling the cabin air filter job. Enjoy!

**ACCESSING THE FILTER**
The procedure is clearly indicated in the 2004 Owner's Manual (page 11). A "C" hook fastens on a bar on the glovebox lid. Just push back gently to release, and it ought to recede out of the way.

The TSX glovebox side tabs are snap-in pieces that attach from inside the glovebox. The bumper itself fits through the hole, and sits forward of the hole (facing the engine firewall). To remove, hold the glove box slightly above the point where the bumpers hit the dash fascia. The tabs can be released with a soft pry bar or screwdriver under the lip of the stop on the inside. I put my finger through the hole and just pushed them into the glovebox to release. They're identical on both sides. You may need to close the glovebox a bit more to get the bumper through the hole and out.

If you are **** like me, you might want to clean and dress the rubber bumpers with a little protectant. You might even do a little cleaning/treatment of dash areas which aren't usually exposed

There's a string to hold the glovebox from swinging loose, but don't drop the glovebox too hard, as the fastener isn't very sturdy. Emptying the glovebox is probably a wise idea.

The air filter tray is removed by pushing two release tabs inward, and sliding the tray straight out.

The filter drops into the tray, with the filter's "air flow" indicator matching the tray's. On the fore and aft end, the outermost vanes of the filter fit into a retaining slot; if you don't do this, some vanes will be "scrunched."

As for the replacement air filter, I've elected to use the OEM filter (80292-SDA-A01) that I sourced from acurapartswarehouse.com. It's not too pricey at $15 from this site but you may be able to even use an Accord filter too.

Thanks for reading y'all!

Old 07-09-2011, 02:46 PM

I have a 04 TL when do i change it , is like a air filter

Old 01-23-2013, 03:16 AM

I have a 04 TL when do i change it

Old 02-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Administrator :
Default Change When You------>

It's supposed to be changed from the information from your owners manual..No ownwers manual. Call local service dealer and ask them at what interval it's supposed to be changed..

WheelBrokerAng

Google dot com is your friend...

Attached Images  
Old 08-17-2013, 01:37 AM
Newest Of Newbies

i have 04 TL. i wish to change it now what shall i do for it now? a and advice would be appreciated a lot

Old 08-17-2013, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

If you are not sure when it was last changed.....change it so at least you now have a "base line" as to when to change it again.