TL Acura's mid level luxury sedan puts the emphasis on creature comforts, without compromising class leading performance...

Help 2002 Acura TL transmission damage/ am I getting screwed

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 12:54 PM
Default Help 2002 Acura TL transmission damage/ am I getting screwed

I have been told I need my transmission is damaged and needs to be replaced but after many recent repairs and lots of money I am wondering if the damage caused to transmission could be related to repairs done. or parts replaced such as the O-ring etc. Please see photos attached for a list of repairs. Please help!
Here is my story:
I recently had approx $4000 worth of work done on my Acura. My car was starting to show signs of a small oil leak so I took it in and was told it had too many oil leaks, front & rear seals,valve cover, Gaskets etc. because the work was going to be so much we asked the mechanic to really go over it with a fine tooth comb and tell us if it would be worth the investment. I love this car it has been a really good car with little to no problems but did have 208,000 miles on it but I would rather fix it than take on a new car note if it was worth the investment. other than the oil leak it was running perfectly fine. after a week long valuation and looking at the prior repairs he said in his opinion it would be worth it. So after approx 4 weeks in the shop and the following repairs (please see pictures for list of repairs) I pay and pick it up! 3 days later took it back because it was driving funny the motor felt like it was running alot rougher and when I would push on the gas nothing would happen from time to time etc. also wanted them to check because it appeared that there was water(?) leaking from it even when it was up for the night in the garage. They replaced the oxygen sensor and said they could find no leaks. I picked it up a week later and though it was not having that issue as much, I did let them know that it felt like the engine was giving a little kick or jumping when I started it. I also had an episode where when I went to start it it would not start until several trys. It just wasnt driving as smoothly as it did before all the repairs. took it back for 1 more week at that point to have the ballist replaced and to have them take another look but said everything looked fine. So I dismissed it to just being in my head because I had been without my car for 6 weeks and forgot how drove.Well 1 week after getting it back my Transmission totally failed. I had to have it towed in. Totally sick to my stomach and in tears They said they added some transmission fluid and an additive and that was probably the problem but then called back later that day and said I needed a new transmission to the tune of approx $3500-$4000.

Attached Thumbnails Help 2002 Acura TL transmission damage/ am I getting screwed-photo9.jpg   Help 2002 Acura TL transmission damage/ am I getting screwed-photo317.jpg