I got a chance to tinker with my buddy's '02 RSX Type-S once again and this time he needed assistance with replacing the radiator in his ride. With two individuals of varying mechanical skills, the entire job only took about 3.5 hours so you shouldn't be reluctant to undertake the job by yourself Slap on your gloves and goggles- we're going in!
--It's a good idea to familiarize yourself with the radiator and its encompassing components before you dig into the job. We referred to this RSX Type-S radiator diagram for reference.
1) First, drain the engine coolant.
2) Next, remove the front bumper.
3) After the bumper is removed, disconnect the hood switch connector, then remove the A/C line bracket mounting bolt, intake air duct mounting bolt, and harness clamps.
4) Then, remove the upper bracket and cushion mounting bolts, then remove the bulkhead.
5) After that, remove the upper radiator hose and lower radiator hose.
6) Now you must disconnect the fan motor connectors and radiator fan switch connector, then pull up the radiator.
7) Remove the fan shroud assemblies and other parts from the radiator.
8) Install the radiator in the reverse order of removal. Make sure the upper and lower cushions are set securely.
9) Finally, fill the radiator with engine coolant, and bleed the air from the cooling system with the heater valve open.
10) You're done!
If you want me to expound on any particular steps then just let me know!
to replace the radiator upper and lower hose is it as simple as draining the radiator unclamping the hoses and replaceing the new. Then fill with coolant and pump lines with heat on and engine running?
Honda and the Honda marquee are registered trademarks of the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Neither American Honda Motor Company nor its subsidiaries or affiliates shall bear any responsibility for Acuraforums.com content, comments, or advertising. Acuraforums.com is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Company in any way. American Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse Acuraforums.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.