Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

1991 Integra GL sputtering!

Old 05-17-2014, 11:30 AM
Unhappy 1991 Integra GL sputtering!

I'd still be driving it, but when I drive it down the road it starts to like sputter etc! My mechanic said that I didn't help things by letting it sit for about 3 months without starting the car.. He is saying that it is doing this because I have a bunch of moisture in the engine etc.

Where we live they have a Clean Air program that your car MUST pass otherwise you can't renew the plate. He added Lucas to the gas, and I think something else as well... now the car when it runs it has white smoke coming from the exhaust.

Prior to this, this never happened.. 326k, the car prior to adjusting the timing so it runs 'rich' or lean' whatever that means... ran just fine! He did say that I should buy a one day permit and put it on the highway and drive it till whatever it is, burns itself out.

Any help / suggestions would be most welcomed, I really would like to get it back on the road.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:51 AM

Would anyone have an idea as to whats up with my car?

TY.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:50 PM
Default is this the right forum to ask

Originally Posted by nutech12
I'd still be driving it, but when I drive it down the road it starts to like sputter etc! My mechanic said that I didn't help things by letting it sit for about 3 months without starting the car.. He is saying that it is doing this because I have a bunch of moisture in the engine etc.

Where we live they have a Clean Air program that your car MUST pass otherwise you can't renew the plate. He added Lucas to the gas, and I think something else as well... now the car when it runs it has white smoke coming from the exhaust.

Prior to this, this never happened.. 326k, the car prior to adjusting the timing so it runs 'rich' or lean' whatever that means... ran just fine! He did say that I should buy a one day permit and put it on the highway and drive it till whatever it is, burns itself out.

Any help / suggestions would be most welcomed, I really would like to get it back on the road.
is this the right forum to ask the above question?
ty