Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here...

Adapter for Cars to Listen to Music from Mobile Gadgets and USB sticks

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 05:00 AM
Default Adapter for Cars to Listen to Music from Mobile Gadgets and USB sticks

I’m looking for a car kit to listen to music from MP3 players and iPhone and also USB pen drives. Do you have any tips? I’ve heard some positive reviews about car adapter AUX Link. It’s compatible with iOS devices, USB flash, SD, SDHC, MMC memory cards and devices with 3.5 mm audio plug. Does anyone have it and can share his opinion? Do you have better recommendations? Thank you!

Old 09-05-2014, 05:29 AM

I can share my personal experience. When I decided to buy car audio adapter AUX Link, I was trying to find the best deal and it's really cheaper to purchase it at the official online shop AUX Car Kits. The adapter was delivered in just four days. At first I tried to install it on my own, but experiences some troubles taking out the OEM car stereo. I didn't have necessary tools, so in the end I had it installed in the nearest autotuning workshop. It took around 15 minutes. So far totally contented with the adapter.

Pluses:

- compatible with Apple gadgets, USB flash drive, SD memory cards, but there is also a mini jack for other mobile devices (MP3 players, Android and Windows smartphones, tablets, laptops, netbooks, PSP etc.).
- high quality sound
- can be used as a charger
- with additional Bluetooth module works perfectly as a Bluetooth handsfree kit
- music control with steering wheel buttons and buttons on the car head unit (really convenient)
- supports all music formats
- delivery is free and fast
- takes very little space and almost invisible
- now I can enjoy all my favourite music without carrying piles of CDs.

Minuses:

- a bit expensive as I also purchased additional Bluetooth module to use the adapter as a Bluetooth car kit
- couldn't easily take out the head unit so I had to go to auto workshop

But taking everything into account, I believe it's a good price-quality ratio. So from my point of view it's worth buying.