I got a chance to tinker with my buddy's '02 RSX Type-S once again and this time he needed assistance with replacing the radiator in his ride. With two individuals of varying mechanical skills, the entire job only took about 3.5 hours so you shouldn't be reluctant to undertake the job by yourself
Slap on your gloves and goggles- we're going in!
--It's a good idea to familiarize yourself with the radiator and its encompassing components before you dig into the job. We referred to this RSX Type-S radiator diagram
1) First, drain the engine coolant.
2) Next, remove the front bumper.
3) After the bumper is removed, disconnect the hood switch connector, then remove the A/C line bracket mounting bolt, intake air duct mounting bolt, and harness clamps.
4) Then, remove the upper bracket and cushion mounting bolts, then remove the bulkhead.
5) After that, remove the upper radiator hose and lower radiator hose.
6) Now you must disconnect the fan motor connectors and radiator fan switch connector, then pull up the radiator.
7) Remove the fan shroud assemblies and other parts from the radiator.
8) Install the radiator in the reverse order of removal. Make sure the upper and lower cushions are set securely.
9) Finally, fill the radiator with engine coolant, and bleed the air from the cooling system with the heater valve open.
10) You're done!
If you want me to expound on any particular steps then just let me know!