Integra The car that brought the Acura name to the foreground of the sport tuner market...

Wont run right! 94 GSR help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 02:16 AM

So Ive got a 94 GSR MT 2dr. Mods include, CAI, headers and 2.5" pipes, cat deleted(along w cat o2 sensor)(I didnt do that) and aftermarket clutch.

My car picked up a 'sputter' at low rpms(3-5k) a while ago. I finally narrowed it down to the distributor. I got a new one, but now when I put it in perfect timing, it runs like a dog on heroin. I have to advance the timing all the way(via distributor) to get it to run anywhere close to what it should. Ive replaced-

Sparkplugs- NGK iridium

Sparkplug wires

Full distributor,+ cap, rotor, coil

Injectors

It tends to run like crap when the motor is hotter. I Have a new o2 sensor, I just havent had the time to install it yet, but i dont think that is the root of the problem. Its weird, it just acts sluggish and sometimes the torque is just completely unavailable.

Hope I didnt forget anything, dunno.

Only thing I can think is maybe its a sensor problem. I just dunno. Any info would be awesome! Thanks!

Old 05-04-2011, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by RegularRob
So Ive got a 94 GSR MT 2dr. Mods include, CAI, headers and 2.5" pipes, cat deleted(along w cat o2 sensor)(I didnt do that) and aftermarket clutch.

My car picked up a 'sputter' at low rpms(3-5k) a while ago. I finally narrowed it down to the distributor. I got a new one, but now when I put it in perfect timing, it runs like a dog on heroin. I have to advance the timing all the way(via distributor) to get it to run anywhere close to what it should. Ive replaced-

Sparkplugs- NGK iridium
Full distributor cap,+ rotor, coil
Injectors

It tends to run like crap when the motor is hotter. I Have a new o2 sensor, I just havent had the time to install it yet, but i dont think that is the root of the problem. Its weird, it just acts sluggish and sometimes the torque is just completely unavailable.

Only thing I can think is maybe its a sensor problem. I just dunno. Any info would be awesome! Thanks!
Bump. Having such problem really gives anyone a headache. Have you tried to gap the sparks plug? Or you might really need to advance the timing of your distributor. Good luck.