General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Maintenance required light on

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 10:22 PM

I have a 2000 Integra GS. My maintenance required light came on about 1500 miles after the dealership changed my oil. I tried turning it off using the directions in my haines manual but it didn't work. The directions were kinda vague. all it said was to press the button underneath of my dash. it didn't say with car on or off, key in or not. am Idoing the process wrong? any help would be greatly apreciated.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:40 AM

Have you determined what the fault is? What were the conditions when the fault occured?

Old 01-19-2007, 11:49 AM

Humm, oops, maintenance required light! Oops, it is early here.

My Corolla MRL is reset by placing the odometer display in the Odo mode, not trip modes, while ignition switch is in run position. Then turning ignition switch to theoff position and wait for a count of seconds. Then while holding the Odo Mode button in, turn the ignition switch to the run position. The odometer display goes through a kind of countdown at the end of which the MRL is no longer on. I suspect Acura follows a simular method.

Good Luck Edited by: alangrwd

Old 01-19-2007, 10:25 PM

OK. I held the button down with the car in run position(not started)and after about 10 seconds the light went out. Thank you for replying.It is done by pressing andholding down the button until the light goes out. If the light is not on but your reseting it, hold it down for at least 10 seconds. maybe 15.The button is located under the dash on the drivers side. it's not visible soyou'll have to feel for it. The face of the button faces your engine. This forum is great!

Old 01-22-2007, 11:52 AM

Cool!

My Legend has a mechanical indicator that is reset by inserting the ignition key into a slot on the dash.

Manufactures do not make this information easy to find in the owners manuals. There is no entry in the Corollas User Guide index and nothing in the table of contents. The instructions are in it; i think manufactures just try anything to get the owners in to the car_dealers to spend money.

One has to read the book and use common sense to eliminate sections not applicable to the operation like you won't find it in the tyre_changing section.

Edited by: alangrwd

Old 01-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Newest Of Newbies

hey - got the proper info right here. hold the button steady and turn the ignition switch to the second position, from the off position, and wait for the light to turn off and you are done. HFORLIFE!

Old 08-11-2012, 04:16 AM
Default Reset oil service light Acura Integra

How to reset oil service light Acura Integra, reset maintenance light and reset service light, this can be made by using the buttons on vehicle board. Hear it is how you cand to that http://resetservicelight.com/reset-o...acura-integra/

Old 08-12-2012, 11:55 PM

Well I got the right information here only... To turn off the light you need to hold the ignition switch and just turn it to the second position.. so easy it became now!!!

Old 08-22-2012, 03:25 AM

I am possessing Acura 07' and this car is having the same problem. Light is tuning on after several minutes even though it has been put to maintenance still this problem is coming. Can you suggest the valid reason for it?

Old 08-22-2012, 08:53 PM
Default a little off topic!

this is a little off topic but i just joined the forum and i was wanting to post a problem about my integra but i have no idea on where i go to post a new thread with my problem...any helpers?